Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been selected for the G105 2012 Tacky Tinsel Tour <Bob and the Showgram>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default I've been selected for the G105 2012 Tacky Tinsel Tour <Bob and the Showgram>

I just got a letter from Bob Dumas on my front door and in my mailbox. Bob is the radio host of Bob and the Showgram on G105 FM. His antics are pretty well known around this area. I actually listen to him a few times a week, and two days ago it sounded a lot like they were talking about my house .. And now it appears he was ...

I was selected as one of the 10 winners of this year's Tacky Tinsel Tour. This is a "Toys for Tots" fundraiser that Boband the Showgram put on each year. There are details on the G105 website in case anyone reading this would like to try to join the tour. It's quite competitive to get a seat. They load up 4 busses and have a wild time ! Attached is a scan of the letter that Bob (probably the radio station) left here. And there will be a sign provided for my yard. also from their on air conversation they said they will be posting the 10 address of the Tacky TinselTour on their website on Monday. Cool .. I could use a few more people ... :-)

I did not want to post Bob's personal phone number, so I covered it up for the Posting Scan. Have a look !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: I've been selected for the G105 2012 Tacky Tinsel Tour <Bob and the Showgram>

Congratulations, that's pretty cool. I don't listen to them much anymore, but he does some cool things.
    Dave Hileman

Carl B Zachary

Default Re: I've been selected for the G105 2012 Tacky Tinsel Tour <Bob and the Showgram>

Congrats!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thats awesome Denny! I'm jealous. I was a huge G105 listener and always loved their tour.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Congrats. I hope it doesn't get out of hand for you.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Great job! Grats!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks guys. I am working my butt off to get the coroflaskes into the show. All the pixels are wired and one of them is completely mounted. Unfortulatey I still have ALL of the gluing of the second one. But the pixels wiring is all ready to mount once I finish. If I fall too far behind then my backup plan for Friday is just one CoroFlake in the front center of the roof. I was also hoping to get my new announcement done too .. May run out of time. I need to start telling people that I will be back in two years with the show. It will be a lot of fun for me to just help out others next year and not worry about my own show !

Good comment Sam ! I am really enjoying the weekends this year. The traffic is heavy and I am reminded of my neighbor who was messing up my video taoping last year by going round and round the circle to get in the way of the camera. Ever since then I vowed to pull in as many cars as I can. I call it "game on" ! Once G105 publishes my address on their tour list, then traffic should bump up a bit more.

We've not seen the police yet this year. I thought they would have been here by now. One of my neighbors came to the door asking if we would direct traffic to keep the cars moving .. But I've already been told by the police not to do that. And I cannot put any signs in my neighbor's yard either. Basically unless the police arrange something for traffic control, there's nothing we can do. When the busses arrive on Friday I am going to make an annoucement over the FM to ask cars to move for the busses to come in. I hope I am one of the earlier houses. They will all be drunk after a couple hours !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,

I'm sorry, but the letter states a required qualification that you can't meet. That's qualification #3

3. Please allow a clear path for our buses as we pass by your house (please move extra vehicles in the street, etc.)
    I guess that means you'll have to pass on the award, since there is no possible way you'll be able to clear your street for the busses.

Other than losing out because of that qualification you can't meet, congratulations!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hahahaha ... We'll cram em in !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The hater-neighbors don't seem to understand that the hating acts as its own form of encouragemnt. I have had the word handed down that there are already a couple, and my display is quite modest relative to y'alls. We only get neighborhood traffic and to be honest, if one car never drove by I wouldn't care and wouldn't change. I'd do this if I lived 10 miles from civilization. (So long as I have sufficient amps!)

Kidcole Wrote
    my neighbor who was messing up my video taoping last year by going round and round the circle to get in the way of the camera. Ever since then I vowed to pull in as many cars as I can. I call it "game on" !

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    The hater-neighbors don't seem to understand that the hating acts as its own form of encouragemnt. I have had the word handed down that there are already a couple, and my display is quite modest relative to y'alls. We only get neighborhood traffic and to be honest, if one car never drove by I wouldn't care and wouldn't change. I'd do this if I lived 10 miles from civilization. (So long as I have sufficient amps!)
    Sounds like me. I had one neighbor add traffic cones to his driveway because some people can't listen to the announcements and not turn around in them. Good thing he has just as many lights as I do! (They are static however). I do this for me, and if someone wants to enjoy it that's fine, just don't be obnoxious.

You can keep those busses filled with intoxicated visitors. I'm honestly curious what houses near me were selected. All the big light covered houses I've heard about are down south of Raleigh.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Sounds like me. I had one neighbor add traffic cones to his driveway because some people can't listen to the announcements and not turn around in them. Good thing he has just as many lights as I do! (They are static however). I do this for me, and if someone wants to enjoy it that's fine, just don't be obnoxious.

You can keep those busses filled with intoxicated visitors. I'm honestly curious what houses near me were selected. All the big light covered houses I've heard about are down south of Raleigh.
    The few people we get, and the ones with small children seem to come night after night after night to see our static display! You have to love really little kids! And they couldn't be more pleasant. I just looked at where Denny's house is on the map and can't imagine being THAT close to Cary parkway that someone is bothered. Oh well, issues. Like getting in your car to block the video camera is somehow doing anything constructive.... When he takes the lights from little cindy lou who who was no more than two we will all still come out and have our celebration with out a single light and maybe he will get it then.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

@kidcole you should put a giant CC sign in your yard. Rob would love that.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    The few people we get, and the ones with small children seem to come night after night after night to see our static display! You have to love really little kids! And they couldn't be more pleasant. I just looked at where Denny's house is on the map and can't imagine being THAT close to Cary parkway that someone is bothered. Oh well, issues. Like getting in your car to block the video camera is somehow doing anything constructive.... When he takes the lights from little cindy lou who who was no more than two we will all still come out and have our celebration with out a single light and maybe he will get it then.
    Good point Greg .. And you ae right .. I am only about 250 feet from Cary parkway ..

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    @kidcole you should put a giant CC sign in your yard. Rob would love that.
    My CC announcement plays about 4 times an hour ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Good point Greg .. And you ae right .. I am only about 250 feet from Cary parkway ..

My CC announcement plays about 4 times an hour ..
    Not quite the same thing. You have to be there to hear it. Anyone doing a photo/video shoot of your display may edit that announcment out, and it doesn't play well audibly in a newspaper.

That's another project for me for next year's display.....another sign for CC and for TASL.