Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Hello from Bruce, Ms

Hello this is Scott. Christmas season 2017 was the first season back decorating after a 4 year hiatus. I don't recommend thinking I'll put the lights up this year the week before Halloween. I pulled it off but only half of what we did before. I found out incandescent lights die just as much not being used as being used. I hope to add some pixels this year.

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Hello from Bruce, Ms

welcome to cc
    Thanks sakone1 thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by sakone1 View Post
    Hello this is Scott. Christmas season 2017 was the first season back decorating after a 4 year hiatus. I don't recommend thinking I'll put the lights up this year the week before Halloween. I pulled it off but only half of what we did before. I found out incandescent lights die just as much not being used as being used. I hope to add some pixels this year.
    Hi Scott .. and Welcome to CC. Yes, retail strings are not fully sealed. But if you buy commercial light strings, they are sealed and they are full wave rectified (no flicker). Those will last a long time and most dealers offer replacement for 2 or sometimes 3 years. Here's a list of places with special sales right now. Many of them offer commercial strings. During these sales, you can get the commercial strings for about half the cost of pixels. But you get 10 times more programming excitement from using pixels. Tough decision!

Vendor Sales

I like Christmas-LEDs and Holiday Light Express for commercial light strings. And most all the others are great for one reason or another. Another good one is Holiday Coro, if you are not comfortable buying in China. William had a beef with them and won't publish their sales on his list. But they are a fantastic company and they provide better support than all the vendors on his list.

Sorry you are not local. We do group buys locally to get free shipping. But if you meet their minimums then you get it anyhow .. Good luck !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Hi Scott .. and Welcome to CC. Yes, retail strings are not fully sealed. But if you buy commercial light strings, they are sealed and they are full wave rectified (no flicker). Those will last a long time and most dealers offer replacement for 2 or sometimes 3 years. Here's a list of places with special sales right now. Many of them offer commercial strings. During these sales, you can get the commercial strings for about half the cost of pixels. But you get 10 times more programming excitement from using pixels. Tough decision!

Vendor Sales

I like Christmas-LEDs and Holiday Light Express for commercial light strings. And most all the others are great for one reason or another. Another good one is Holiday Coro, if you are not comfortable buying in China. William had a beef with them and won't publish their sales on his list. But they are a fantastic company and they provide better support than all the vendors on his list.

Sorry you are not local. We do group buys locally to get free shipping. But if you meet their minimums then you get it anyhow .. Good luck !
    Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk