Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Need Rectifier kits

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesSS View Post
    If you have any you haven't used, let me or Joel know! We need more
    I can't help with the original smaller ones, but I probably still have some of the larger Super String Shorteners that can be used as rectifiers. Unfortunately those boards were more expensive. First let's see if anyone pops up with some of the standard ones. Asking on DIYC sometimes yields a bunch since there are 30,000 members. But I think they frown on asking to buy stuff unless you are a supporting member (which means you are in good standing with their annual dues). I've not updated my dues in a while since must of my interest is with Falcon these days.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have purchased several rectifier panels from members at DIYC. We will probably have way more then we will ever need now! One panel came with a bag of diodes and the others that I have on the way were just panels, so I have ordered a bunch of diodes form eBay.

I am willing to sell one or two of the boards and diodes if anyone is in need...
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
    I have purchased several rectifier panels from members at DIYC. We will probably have way more then we will ever need now! One panel came with a bag of diodes and the others that I have on the way were just panels, so I have ordered a bunch of diodes form eBay.

I am willing to sell one or two of the boards and diodes if anyone is in need...
    Will you sell the board of 56 or how ever many it is? If so I will buy 1 board and some diodes. I have the super string shorteners and they are just so big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    Will you sell the board of 56 or how ever many it is? If so I will buy 1 board and some diodes. I have the super string shorteners and they are just so big.

Yes a complete panel of 54 boards and the diodes. Once I get the boards and diodes we can make a deal on them. I don't think I will receive the diodes before the upcoming TASL meeting but we will see... If not we can meet up at some point.
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes a complete panel of 54 boards and the diodes. Once I get the boards and diodes we can make a deal on them. I don't think I will receive the diodes before the upcoming TASL meeting but we will see... If not we can meet up at some point.
    Thanks for helping everyone Joel ! I had a huge pile of extras 4 or 5 years ago. But now I'm down to just a couple for my own use.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah no problem!

I know we won't use that many rectifiers, but the deal was right, so why not share some of them...
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah no problem!

I know we won't use that many rectifiers, but the deal was right, so why not share some of them...
    I will not need them all so I will have extras. I haven't calculated how many I will need. I changed around my setup so I'm glad I made the plugs as you suggested otherwise I would be starting from scratch. I also have 2 boards of the super string shorteners if anyone needs them.

Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

DIYC is asking who is interested in doing another group buy.

INTEREST ONLY - Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener boards - Page 8

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So I have a question on these. I have a strand that was rectified but I kept blowing the fuses in the plug. I DID flip around the middle section and I'm wondering if the string is now pulling too many amps against the fuses. Maybe if I flip the second half back around and add a second rectifier in the middle instead? I'd love to figure out why this is happening before I run out of fuses.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    So I have a question on these. I have a strand that was rectified but I kept blowing the fuses in the plug. I DID flip around the middle section and I'm wondering if the string is now pulling too many amps against the fuses. Maybe if I flip the second half back around and add a second rectifier in the middle instead? I'd love to figure out why this is happening before I run out of fuses.
    I don't think there is any chance that one string or half a string is pulling enough amps to pop the fuse. We have all twelve of our mini trees on one rectifier with no issues and each tree has I think 120 lights on them.

My guess is there is probably a loose strand of wire shorting out or maybe an errant dab of solder where you spliced in the rectifier. If you siliconed and then heat shrunk the rectifier probably no easy way to get in there and look...
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The little dab of solder or an aberrant trace on the board were my guesses. If you can get to it put a continuity tester on it. I had the same issue when I was setting mine up this year. I didn't have time to mess with it so I threw it away.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    DIYC is asking who is interested in doing another group buy.

INTEREST ONLY - Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener boards - Page 8
    Unfortunately I don't think this group buy is legit. Through a combination of posts, the 2014 INTEREST got started up. Malsom has not been around for quite a while. I left him messages 7 or 8 months ago with no answer (yet).
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

the only problem i had with them was having it turned the right way if it was backwards the string stayed off
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think this group buy is legit. Through a combination of posts, the 2014 INTEREST got started up. Malsom has not been around for quite a while. I left him messages 7 or 8 months ago with no answer (yet).
    I saw that as well when the thread popped up in Tapatalk on my phone. Most of it is relevant to 2014; the last few, very recent mention someone volunteering to set up another group buy.