Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Need Rectifier kits

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    I saw that as well when the thread popped up in Tapatalk on my phone. Most of it is relevant to 2014; the last few, very recent mention someone volunteering to set up another group buy.
    YEs, that was from the guy who handled the diodes. But kmalsom is the guy who made the rectifier cards, and he's not been around for over a year. Unless someone else will step up and make their own artwork and cut-guide (for the scoring, etc), I don't see it happening.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

@EricR these are the diodes I bought off eBay, $0.99 per 100
    100PCS Rectifier Diode 1N4007 IN4007 DO-41 1A 1000V TS | eBay
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Need Rectifier kits

If you look at the board it is very simple. You could almost buy the simple boards at Radio Shack with nothing but holes (no traces) and still make it work. Or not use no board at all. The important thing is the orientation of the 4 diodes. They even sell a rectified diode in a single package albeit a little more money. An off the shelf bridge rectifier. A quick look yielded about .40 to $1 each though. You'll pay for simplicity.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

jack had a drawing of them with out the board

are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    www.thelightsonpurserroad.com
    4756 rgb channels for2016

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

When I was first searching for rectifiers I had seen a few people building them with just the diodes twisted/soldered together. That will work just fine but leaves some challenges to keep from shorting the wiring.

Yes you can also buy premade rectifiers but the cost can add up and finding exactly the one needed can be a bit of a challenge... at least for me, my search skills on Mouser aren't very good...

The little boards that were available from DIYC is a very nice simple inexpensive solution!
    Joel

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    If you look at the board it is very simple. You could almost buy the simple boards at Radio Shack with nothing but holes (no traces) and still make it work. Or not use no board at all. The important thing is the orientation of the 4 diodes. They even sell a rectified diode in a single package albeit a little more money. An off the shelf bridge rectifier. A quick look yielded about .40 to $1 each though. You'll pay for simplicity.
    Agreed. I was twisting up my own for two years before the boards came out. I also tried the "proto board" with the holes and too hard to get it really small unless you take time to insulate the crossing wires front and back. When Malsom's FWR boards came out, the task was light years simpler faster and better for the long term. The layout is certainly simple but laying them out for a PCB replicator and putting in all the cut marks and the screen print mask .. is not simple unless someone is familiar with the tools. I am hoping one of the PCB guys on DIYC will step up one of these d

Malsom is the guy's last name and his DIYC ID is kmalsom. I think maybe Ken was his first name but not sure. I lost track of his email address. His mailbox has been full for a year and at least one of the messages in it is from me. Have not heard back. Perhaps he dropped out completely .. not sure.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control