Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Light Clips for wire frame

Did not know where to exactly post this. But where do you guys buy 1/4" light clips from and can you provide a link ? Denny you may need some also since you and I bought a lot of wire frames from Jake. Taking the C7 off and installing the minis.

Thanks everyone
    Don

wbottomley

Default Re: Light Clips for wire frame

Don, I need some too.

John, where is the cheap place you buy them from?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Don,

I used to buy thousands from Lori's. Just looked at her site, didn't see them listed anymore. You might send an e-mail inquiry:

http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/light-accessories.asp

I also have purchased from Betty's

http://www.bettyschristmashouse.com/....htm#wireclips

And I've bought from Colonnade: just noticed his website is screwed up at the moment:

http://www.colonnade.com/

and I've bought from Kellogg

http://www.kelloggplastics.com/

haven't bought from these folks before, so this is just FYI

http://www.holidayswithlights.com/st...re.php?crn=220

I try to keep the Wireframe resources page on my website updated with this info and that's where I went to get these links..
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    Don, I need some too.

John, where is the cheap place you buy them from?

uh, what day is today? I have found that the prices on these little things seem to really vary from month to month and vendor to vendor. When I get ready to order, I always just check "todays" price on my list of clip vendors, and order accordingly.

I use to pay $19 per thousand, but they have really gone up. I still have a few thousand in inventory of several different styles and sizes.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Christmas 2014 or BUST ! kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi Don. We actually decided that we like the wireframes with the old C7 look. So we bought many hundreds of the full wave rectified C7 LED replacement bulbs from Paul at CDI. And those bulbs look amazing. They are smooth and pretty and you cannot tell them apart from incandescent. The only problem was the high cost but we had to reduce power. The full set of wireframe was pulling almost 50 amps ! When I swapped out all the bulbs the load dropped to about 3 amps .. The blue ones are outrageously gorgeous ..

So I won't need any 1/4" clips. I have some of both types (parallel and perpendicular). I much prefer the parallel ones because the perpendicular ones don't stay straight without gluing them in place.

I like to buy mine from Loris. I used to stop in to see her when driving to and from Ocala before my mom passed away. She's great to deal with .. And she usually has a good sale in the spring. You might email her and ask her if she's got any deals coming up !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    http://colefamilychristmaslights.com

272 Channels LOR, 48 Channels Renard DMX, 54 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 Pixel Controllers
    42K Lights - Mostly Incandescent, 4 Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, 2 CoroFlakes with 100 Smart Modules, 8 Large RGB Ornaments
    9 TIR Destiny RGB Spots, "Hopped Up" Blowmolds, Wireframes, Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Don -

If you need them immediately, you can walk into the Holiday Light Store (http://holidaylightstore.com/) and pick them up for about $40 per thousand. Not the best price, but local and available.

I suspect there will be a group buy here, especially after the welding workshop in April. If you can wait, you might want to. Nothing has been set up yet (would you like to organize it?) but I know I will need some more myself. I also need some 3/16" clips to re-do some wire frames I have, plus I'd like some right-angle clips for the bang stars I want to build.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

BUMP ! I am placing an order for clips and I can include any sharing you want. I am going to buy 1000 3/16" parallel clips and can share half with you Jack (or we can each buy a bag). Betty's has the best prices for the 3/16" so far (at $40 per 1000). So I am guessing that the holiday light store may want more than that now. Everyone's prices seem to be up about 20%.

Dariusz wants some 1/4" vertical clips which I have not found at a decent price yet. I will call Lori's and Betty's to see if they have those. I can get regular 1/4" parallel clips, if needed for anyone. Let me know.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

272 Channels LOR, 48 Channels Renard DMX, 54 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 Pixel Controllers
    42K Lights - Mostly Incandescent, 4 Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, 2 CoroFlakes with 100 Smart Modules, 8 Large RGB Ornaments
    9 TIR Destiny RGB Spots, "Hopped Up" Blowmolds, Wireframes, Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny!

I hope you didn't order. The Holiday Light Store is $40 per bag of 1,000, in either the 1/4" size or 3/16" They also have C7 clips, but she didn't have the price in front of her. http://www.theholidaylightstore.com/

I just talked to her there; they are now open on Saturdays, 10 Am to 2 PM.

OK, yeah, you'll pay state sales tax. Legally, you're required to do that anyway, on items you order from out of the state via the Internet. You may pay for mileage, but you'll save on shipping.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yup .. I saw your post in time. I'll go down there to buy a bag of the 3/16" !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I bought my clips from Valerie and Gary at Christma-LEDs they also have the color combo clips so that you can use all clear lights and change the sections of your wireframe to what ever color you need with 16 different colors to choose from.
    http://www.christmas-leds.com/produc...oductid=WFCLPS
    [table]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: Header"]1/4" White Wire Frame Clips[/TD]
    [TD="class: Header"]Site Price[/TD]
    [TD="class: Header"]Qty[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: Item"]1/4" 5.2 oz or approximatley 250 clips[/TD]
    [TD="class: Item"]$7.00[/TD]
    [TD="class: Item"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: AlternateItem"]1/4" 10.2 oz or approximatley 500 clips[/TD]
    [TD="class: AlternateItem"]$13.50[/TD]
    [TD="class: AlternateItem"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: Item"]1/4" 1 lb. 4 oz oz or approximatley 1000 clips[/TD]
    [TD="class: Item"]$26.00[/TD]
    [TD="class: Item"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/table]
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I got 60,000 1/4 clips they are green pvc clips they last longer than plastic. I only got 3 to 4 years out plastic ones. The plastic one are a tighter fit.I have put a dab of high temp hot glue on the clip for insurance.Last year I sold them 500 clips $10.00 and 1000 clips for $20.00 I ship them flat rate to keep shipping down.Last year I made 50 wireframe for a park they was doing a light show and was going to donate money and can goods to food bank .The factory had retooled there machine when I called to order the clips.they told me it would be next year.I was wanting 18,000 and she told me about retooling the machine.I asked if I orderd 60,000 would she retool it.she told me they would for a order that size.I wanted the food bank to get donation so I orderd them. It was worth it knowing somebody would get to eat at Christmas.
    Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by speeddy View Post
    I got 60,000 1/4 clips they are green pvc clips they last longer than plastic. I only got 3 to 4 years out plastic ones. The plastic one are a tighter fit.I have put a dab of high temp hot glue on the clip for insurance.Last year I sold them 500 clips $10.00 and 1000 clips for $20.00 I ship them flat rate to keep shipping down.Last year I made 50 wireframe for a park they was doing a light show and was going to donate money and can goods to food bank .The factory had retooled there machine when I called to order the clips.they told me it would be next year.I was wanting 18,000 and she told me about retooling the machine.I asked if I orderd 60,000 would she retool it.she told me they would for a order that size.I wanted the food bank to get donation so I orderd them. It was worth it knowing somebody would get to eat at Christmas.
    Wow, quite a serious pile of clips. I'd like to help but I stocked ahead several years ago ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I don't "need" any right now, but my supply is getting a bit low. When you say flat rate, I assume USPS? They raised their flat rate shipping charges recently.....not sure how much....so.....how much for 1,000 to be sent (and for 2,000, if other TASL members want some, at the August meeting), and would you take Paypal for payment?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I ll go by post office Thurs and pick up a few boxes to see how many I can fit in s small to keep cost down much as possible.I ll let you know the prices tomorrow.I do have paypal

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I ll go by post office Thurs and pick up a few boxes to see how many I can fit in s small to keep cost down much as possible.I ll let you know the prices tomorrow.I do have paypal
    If you are looking to unload a lot of these, then DoItYourself Christmas is a great place. If you are not a member of that site, then be sure to check their rules first. They may have limitations on new members joining and then selling. They have thousands of members, so there are a lot of rules for conduct .. particularly selling. But might be a lot who would want clips...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole