Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default sanddevices 68x with the flex teck strips

are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: sanddevices 68x with the flex teck strips

pretty cool .. I vaguely remember that these were offered retail by Gemmy. But I have never seen them for sale .. I think all the employees bought them up or hid them until after Christmas for the sale :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Shoot, I got 16 boxes in my attic!
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    Shoot, I got 16 boxes in my attic!
    Grab a controller and power supply and Vois la ! Instant pixel tree .. Make it a half tree with 16 strings all on one side. Kewl !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Grab a controller and power supply and Vois la ! Instant pixel tree .. Make it a half tree with 16 strings all on one side. Kewl !
    I could do it, but I'm outta time now. Deer season just started here so I'm in the woods until I start setting up in Nov.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter
    Likes dariansdad liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

awwwwwwwwwww poor baby lol
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i am trying to attempt to hack my gemmy flex tech ribbons. whne i cut the plug to get to the wires this is what i found:-20140809_210244.jpg-20140809_210402.jpg-20140809_210410.jpg

i have got the san682 with 12 v power supply. i know by watching the video that i need to i should have more than just these two wires correct?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    i am trying to attempt to hack my gemmy flex tech ribbons. whne i cut the plug to get to the wires this is what i found:-20140809_210244.jpg-20140809_210402.jpg-20140809_210410.jpg

i have got the san682 with 12 v power supply. i know by watching the video that i need to i should have more than just these two wires correct?
    IF the E68x series can support those strips, then there must be a good description of how to do it on DoItYourselfChristmas.com
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I found hack the details on DIY-C. Post number 7 seems to be complete for the hookup. But you could read through the rest of the 58 posts to find any more details. There were two chip types discussed, P9813 and P9816. But I don't have time to read all the posts right now to figure out why. You'll need to know which chip setting for the e68x configuration. There also appears to be a lot of good discussion about powering them.

Flex Tech LightShow: How do we hack and contrlling with LOR? - Page 2

His pictures did not come through when I pasted the DIYC post number 7 below. If you are a member, just use the link above. If you are a member. If not, then it's a good time to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by randyn View Post
    Here's a picture of what lines are wires are used on the Flextech strip

The connector on the left has to bigger wires. They serve no purpose other that to bring 120V to the end connector to plug another strip.
    The wiring is the following
    1- 120V
    2- +5v (coming from the power supply included with the strip)
    3- Clock
    4- Data
    5- 120V

If you use the power supply then you only need 3 wires connected to the e68x. Clock, Data, and Ground. To test the strip I cut the data and clock lines and only striped the insulation from the ground line to use a jumper to the e68x. If I was using the strip in the display, then the connections would be a bit better than what you see in the picture.

the 4 smaller wires on the end of the strip follow the legend that is on the strips.

As mentioned in other posts, the e68x controllers connect to your PC using a standard network cable. If you have more than 1 e1.31 device then you use a network switch to connect everything together. For LOR users, you still use your USB dongle to connect your LOR controllers, and also use the network jack for the pixel stuff. I think you need to use the advanced version of S3 as it is 1.31 aware.

The video of the strip is here. The quality isn't great but it will give you an idea of what it can do.

Gemmy FlexTech smart strip test - YouTube

There is an excellent tutorial on the ACL website created by FastEddy.
    AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual - First Revision Download

Randy
    Last edited by kidcole; 08-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i got some of last years flex tecs and thay have different chips than the old ones i have not gotten mine to light more than random pixels yet
    these new ones differ from the older ones .and the gremmy flex is different from the light show units.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i got some of last years flex tecs and thay have different chips than the old ones i have not gotten mine to light more than random pixels yet
    these new ones differ from the older ones .and the gremmy flex is different from the light show units.
    Ah ! That might be why different chips are discussed. Thanks for sharing ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

thanks for the info