Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Tilting MegaTree Base

Finished my new tilting megatree base this weekend. This is my version of one that Robin built, and that served as my inspiration. Will allow me to attach the 20 feet of 1 1/4 inch BIP then walk it upright and pin it. Will use a wench to raise the lights. Already had a 2" pipe cemented in the ground, so added a floor flange to the bottom that I can screw a 1 1/2 inch pipe section into then slip into my ground sleeve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p3310071.jpg   -p3310072.jpg   -p3310073.jpg  
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Tilting MegaTree Base

Looks good. Why the metal plate? Couldn't you have welded the red piece to the flange?
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Tilting MegaTree Base

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Looks good. Why the metal plate? Couldn't you have welded the red piece to the flange?
    Al
    Well, yes I could have, but I would loose some versitility.

The plate fits over the rectangular water meter housing that conceals my ground sleeve.

The bottom flange is bolted on, therefore removeable so I'll have a flat base to use for my 8 foot tall halloween spinning pumpkin in another location. I have holes in each corner of the bottom plate so I can pin it to the ground with rebar for this application.

Notice in the first picture on the left, is a solid steel 11 inch long by 1 & 1/4 inch round rod, that has a 1 1/2 steel collar in the middle. That is my pipe coupler. So I slip it into the tilt pipe, slide the BIP over the other half, and the pipe has an internal coupler, with no "weak" threads.

In megatree mode, will use 20 feet of pipe, in spinning pumpkin mode, will use 7 1/2 foot section of pipe.

So that's the method to my maddness!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs