Thread: My first Mega-Tree is Assembled - Yahooo !

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default My first Mega-Tree is Assembled - Yahooo !

Got the pole erected and the tree assembled today. PICTURE ATTACHED !

The pic is not fully in focus because it was taken with my cell camera. But she's ready for lights ! We've also had the star lit on top all evening. I will wait a few weeks before strining the lights on it, since I have to start getting the house lihgts up and wired.

The neighbors are getting curious. Some have already stopped by ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1011091823.jpg  
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: My first Mega-Tree is Assembled - Yahooo !

Congrats Denny. Feels good seeing it up doesn't it?
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Nice job Denny.

wbottomley

Very good Denny!

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Anyone want to be how long before he actually puts the lights on it "just to test it?"

I give him until the weekend after Halloween.
    Mine will wait until two weeks after Halloween; I have an out-of-state wedding to go to the Saturday after Halloween.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Anyone want to be how long before he actually puts the lights on it "just to test it?"

I give him until the weekend after Halloween.
    Mine will wait until two weeks after Halloween; I have an out-of-state wedding to go to the Saturday after Halloween.
    Well, I was ready to bet that some "Test Lights" might grace that tree by this weekend. After all, Denny will have to test the wench system also!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am figuring early November....

I want to have more lights up on the house, and my rope light border up. Then I will bring out the controllers and erect the lights on the tree. Also my next 3 Saturdays are booked up with other "crap" ..

I ordered 10 of Daryl's C9 strobes today along with some C9 sockets to fit my SPT2 cable. I was going to pass on strobes until next year but he cut the price in half today, Gotta go with a deal ! I'm going to spread them out on the inside of the mega-tree and fire them off with one channel ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well, I was ready to bet that some "Test Lights" might grace that tree by this weekend. After all, Denny will have to test the wench system also!
    He did say he figures early November. That's Sunday, November 1. Ok, he'll beat my statement of the weekend after Halloween (Nove 7/8)

I was TOLD yesterday Christmas lights WILL start to go out November 1st by "the Boss" yesterday. No waiting until we get back from the nephew's wedding. She implied I could even start earlier than that.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

More progress to report ! Bobby and I built all 6 controllers this weekend, and I set them all to their assigned controller numbers. I also got my C9 strobes from "Darryl". Just need another trip out to Michaels to get the easels for my mini-trees.

Once I get through the dock party next Saturday I should start to get my lights on the house, and broken into channels. I've decided to hold off putting the lights on the Mega-Tree until after I have more of the house lights wired and working - at least a few more weeks. I just signed up to take vacation time for the whole week of Thanksgiving so I can "play" with my sequences.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Double Yahoo ! I got 6 helpers today and it took us 4.5 hours to get the 64 strings of lights up. We tie-wrapped the top of the strings so they are not hanging on the wires. But I was shocked at how tough it was to get them straightened out ! I will take more pictures tomorrow, and post them I'm too pooped to copy from the camera's memory chips right now.

All 64 strings came up and worked. Everything got wired to the correct channels. And 8 out of 10 of my strobes are working. I buggered up two of the SPT-2 C9 sockets, so I'm gonna have to order more sockets to get the last two strobes working. I also got my 8 mini trees installed but need to put the plug ends on the wiring tomorrow. Rain and cold is the forecast for tomorrow. I'll press on with this daunting task and try to ignore my wet pants and frozen feet.. Ha !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Way to go Denny...When is the grand opening?

Vic
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have my fingers crossed for Dec 1st at about 7pm .. maybe 6pm. Dunno yet. I hope we get some good weather this week. I'll need it to get things wired .. Otherwise I will delay the opening ! I will let you guys know when I am up tho ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

cool! congrats dude... I'm also starting to make one. Wish me luck

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ha ! Thanks David. I posted that a year ago .. But I am happy to say that the tree disassembled and reassembled perfectly. She's back in the yard with the same 64 strings of lights ready for another fun December !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I can join the ranks of MEGA tree owners. Just finished assembling my 20 footer today and got it painted. Got one light strand marked and tied, now just have to do the other rolls. I'm using 10 66' rolls of Red, Green and Blue each and because of the length, I'll get three vertical strands from each spool, giving me a total of 90 vertical strands and only 30 channels. My wife actually asked me if I was leaving the tree up until Christmas, so I went with it and said sure, I'll just need your help to move this monster into place in November. After the roll of the eyes I expected, I told her this was only a test, it will be dismantled until erected in it final glorious spot. Don't take this wrong, she is the light fan, we already scoped out the Christmas stuff at Garden Ridge (yes it is all ready out!). Now to program this bad boy.