Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Finally Done <within 7 wires> !

I have only 7 channels left to wire in the morning, and they are all on the ground within about 30 feet of the last controller. Quick and easy ! Then tomorrow I can start placing all the lights on the roof.

I had a blast running the mega-tree and all the stuff on the ground this evening. I forgot to plan some long cat-5 cables so I can sit on my porch and work outside. Need to rig that up tomorrow. My wife wants to help locate all the blowups on Saturday morning. I'm going to splice all the lights from the blowups and add a plug and socket. This will let me connect all the lights inside the blowups to a channel so they can light up together. Since I plan to leave all the blowers running continuously, I hope all the fans don't mess up my sound ! If they cover up my sounds then I might cut em from the show !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Finally Done <within 7 wires> !

The inflatables are a pain. If it rains blow them up before the show and shake them vigorously to remove the accumulated water. You may want to put the blowers on an SSR circuit that we talked about at the TASL meeting this past summer. The blowers are loud within 75 feet.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,

Sounds like you are progressing right along, and can see some of the results of your hard work.

I went ahead and started my display tonight as planned. Still have 24 more connections to two contollers to make to finish up the last display element. Probably will be Sunday before I get that done due to work Friday and Saturday.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yup, I was considering building some of the solid state relays, but as my time has gone .. I am just happy to be nearly done with this. My relative were here today and many were suggesting that I figure out how to wrap up with the wires and store them under my deck (while still connected). It's a darned good idea and I might consider it. I will not change much for next year .. just add more channels for more color selection. I want to move my mini trees to at least two colors. And all my multi-color areas need to break down into separate color channels. Of course with a few arches added on for good measure.

:-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yea, keeping those wires bundled up is a plus.
    Are you up and running yet? We plan on swinging by some night to check out your show.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

just to let you know you may think you are done but you are never finnished!!!! You have started something that has no end and limit.
    Walter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

My inflatables went up first this year. I've moved them to the other side of the house and yard, and since they don't require controllers or programming, they were the easiest. And they've been up running continuously to keep the rain out since about Tuesday.

Rest of the stuff is out - megatree needs final stringing and cords, but the lights are up and hanging.

Hope to get over to Raleigh way sometime in December to see all y'all's stuff.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Vic - I have been running the Mega-tree for almost a week. But getting the other 3000' of wire out has been no picnic. I am happy with the SPT2 now that it's nearly done .. but SPT1 would have been lighter and easier to deal with !

I will start my lights Tuesday night at about 6pm. But I have time set aside for software improvements <daily> through I am planning daily updates to the software through the 6th .. then I will rest < or not > !

Mark - similar to your setup, we're going to try the blowups off to the sides. I hope they don't mess up the sound. I am only using a single pair of outdoor speakers for sound. Mostly relying on people using FM from their cars. Since we've never done this before with music, we could end up with tons of people standing in front of the house.

Walter - Good Comment ! Now what little hope I had for some rest is completely gone. But I am used to it. Whenever I start a new hobby, I put my soul into it. I can't just sit down and relax <I never could>. So I might as well be working on something ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole