Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Converting from LOR <or most anything> to Falcon Pi

Hey Eric!

I know I don't want to just convert files to *.fseq just to use in FPP. I'd like to try and convert them so that I can edit/add to them if needed. I've kinda messed around and converted one of my files just to get the channel setup, and so far it's right. My Halloween show only has 18 channels.. for now, but that is very subject to change. I understand the point of the modeling.. Mostly just the same as what the visualizer in LOR did. But what happens next is what's unclear to me. I'm using a combo between the PPT that Denny posted some time back, and varying YouTube videos, but it's all over the place. I don't have LOR controllers, and plan on using strictly DMX. For now, I have one E682, a couple of DC controllers, and a bunch of AC controllers, but for the Halloween show, I am only using the E682 at the moment.
    I would appreciate the walk-through and a chance to ask questions. For example.. I'm wanting to incorporate a projector into my Halloween show, and only want it trigger it to play a file at varying points in the show.. Just not during a song.

If I can get this straight, I can actually have a show for the first time in probably 3 years, and it might inspire me to get a MUCH better Christmas show going!

I don't know about going to the TASL meet yet. I can't make any promises yet, but I may be able to make it on 11 Aug.
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So if I a understand. You already have mapped 1 song so you have all your models. That is the time consuming part so you are basically done. So in xlights you can play that 1 Halloween sequence. Are you now having problems getting that sequence to output on the sans devices controller? You must have the network setup correctly in xlights under the network tab to get your sequence to play on a Pi. Whatever you type there has to match your Pi network. Then you can copy the fseq file generated from saving in xlights to the USB storage on a Pi. So where exactly are you stuck? If it's the network tab and playing on the Pi then post some pics of your xlights networks page and the basic Pi Network info. We could setup a zoom meeting to get you setup if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks cpnbnanamn thanked for this post

Ssgt. Blinky, to you! cpnbnanamn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Not quite. Eric, I'll send you a PM, and hopefully we can work out a time to get together and get me straight.
    -Roger

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

At this point, I'm trying to set up my model. The visualizer is quite a bit different from LOR, and I'm not sure how to import (or even where to get) props for the model? I am doing a simple layout for now, and I have several Funkin pumpkins with a single RGB node in each.
    -Roger

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Can't thank Eric enough.. Got me through my first hurdle, and I'm well on my way to having a Halloween show this year! Now, onto the next steps! I've already got 4 songs converted (Eric: My timings are still right! Must have been the channel numbers..), and maybe editing them to add more effects, and then complete my FPP setup!
    -Roger

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Converted last year from LOR to xLights/Falcon/FPP et al. It's been a blast.