Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Using LOR Sequences with VIXEN 3

I have seen many pre-made sequences for LOR and unfortunately I am using VIXEN 3. If I could convert these sequences it would give me a big jump on my mega-tree sequence and I could create the rest of my show around it.

Is there a way to convert these LOR sequences into Vixen 3 format? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Using LOR Sequences with VIXEN 3

Back when I had an active LSP license (LightShow Pro) I was doing this on an occasional basis for people; import LOR, export Vixen, or vice versa.

I beleive XLights has the same capability, although I'm not sure about the output being Vixen 3. May be vixen 2.x which I think Vixen 3 will load and update.

OK, just tried it; pulled up XLights 3.412; clicked the "Convert" tab at the top, selected a LOR S3 LMS file for input, selected Vixen 2.1 as output (sorry, no Vixen 3 in this version) and told it to convert. Got this in the log/progress window:

Reading: C:\Users\jstevens\Documents\light-o-rama\Sequences\2010-10-08-Adams_Family.lms
    Reading LOR sequence
    Track 1 length = 8160 centiseconds
    LOR Network 0: 60 channels
    Total channels = 64
    WARNING: Unit 03.15 is empty
    WARNING: Unit 03.16 is empty
    WARNING: Unit 04.15 is empty
    WARNING: Unit 04.16 is empty
    # of mapped channels with effects=60
    # of effects=3382
    Media file=C:\Documents and Settings\jstevens\My Documents\light-o-rama\Audio\Addams Family.mp3
    New # of time periods=1632
    New data len=2219520
    Writing Vixen routine
    Finished converting all files

Would that do for you?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnows View Post
    I have seen many pre-made sequences for LOR and unfortunately I am using VIXEN 3. If I could convert these sequences it would give me a big jump on my mega-tree sequence and I could create the rest of my show around it.

Is there a way to convert these LOR sequences into Vixen 3 format? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I suggest you contact the Vixen 3 people directly. They would know. Or post this same discussion on DoItYourselfChristmas.com
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnows View Post

Easy. I did it last year. Export your Vixen sequences to Falcon Player format. Then use XLights to convert your LOR sequences to Falcon Player format. Play both from a $35 Raspberry Pi. This also doesn't tie up your show PC so you can keep tweaking your show if you like - pushing changes to the pi.

Also as Jack mentioned you can use XLights to convert to Vixen 2. Then you can open them in Vixen 3 and it will convert them on open. I haven't tried it but I believe you may have to go in and fix some things post conversion.
    Importing Vixen 2 sequences into Vixen 3 (as of 3.0.5)

Lastly I hear the Vixen 3 guys were working on a direct LOR import but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.
    Import Light-O-Rama (LOR) to Vixen 3