Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Issues converting incandescent channels to RGB in LOR S4

So, I'm trying to get into running RGB, and pixel nodes. I'm in the process of converting a sequence, at least partially, to use RGB pixel nodes. What I can't figure out.. How do I copy the events of a channel over to an RGB channel, and get the color I want?

Example:
    Channel 17 is pumpkin 1, and I want to convert it to an RGB channel, and have the nodes light up in orange. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to change the color pallet in S4 for that RGB group (channel), so that the nodes attached will display in orange, after I copy the events from Pumpkin 1 into it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Issues converting incandescent channels to RGB in LOR S4

Quote Originally Posted by cpnbnanamn View Post
    So, I'm trying to get into running RGB, and pixel nodes. I'm in the process of converting a sequence, at least partially, to use RGB pixel nodes. What I can't figure out.. How do I copy the events of a channel over to an RGB channel, and get the color I want?

Example:
    Channel 17 is pumpkin 1, and I want to convert it to an RGB channel, and have the nodes light up in orange. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to change the color pallet in S4 for that RGB group (channel), so that the nodes attached will display in orange, after I copy the events from Pumpkin 1 into it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!
    I got some help on the LOR site. The secret lies with a new LOR feature called "Change Intensity" .. After you have added the new RGB channel(s), then copy your previous single-channel sequencing to the RGB rows. Paste to all three rows if your new color needs all three. Or if you need two (such is with orange), copy to the two you need. Orange needs 100% Red and a lower percentage of Green. Once you paste your sequencing to the red and green rows, the collapse the lowest level so you are looking at one or more of you RGB channels. In the case where you want orange, you will see all the channels in Yellow (since 100% green and 100% red yields yellow. Highlight (select those rows) and the right click. Select " Change Intensity " then select the colors that you want to change and the percentage of those colors. This feature lets you change the percentage of only selected colors, to result in the colors you want. It's not quite as simple as a color paint tool, but it works pretty good. This is also a good way to change the total intensity of all your LED sequencing that it too bright for your show. Change Intensity also preserves all your dimming.

another good use would be for tuning all the programming where you have white using R, G, and B. In this case you could get a warm white look by missing with the color percentages.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control