Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: cannot get any blinky flashy

Great progress Greg. I could not detect much trailing edge, so try making them longer. Also experiment with some really long ones until you see the grouping affect that I mentioned ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

deleted
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Great progress Greg. I could not detect much trailing edge, so try making them longer. Also experiment with some really long ones until you see the grouping affect that I mentioned ..
    yes, on the waitresses song there may not be any trailing fades, but on that particular song the grouping is more the issue but fades will help that, too. But on others the duration of the fade is not enough, like i said, in the preview I perceived it to be more fluid than it is in reality. Stupid brain! I am uploading a couple more, and I will apologize beforehand for not having level camera and shaking, any shaking is going to remain unless I use a tripod, I have tremors. :-( And then of course, my neighbor came over to give me a raincoat for our new dog while I was shooting one. It's not a big deal to me. I upload the videos to help me, I am not shooting gone with the wind up here. Sorry in advance. The eagles video is really blurry, don't know what happened, wasn't paying attention. One thing I noticed is when I shoot video I am MUCH more critical of the sequence. That's a good thing. (Not too concerned about video quality though!)

I think these next two sequences will be more smooth and less frantic. When the camera isn't all over the joint.

I got a claim acknowledgment over the eagles song immediately from youtube regarding copyrighted material usage.
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes, I am seeing more fades now. It's tricky to set the focus at night. And depending on the aperture, the range of focus might also be limited (where some lights looks good and some are blurred). I lose at least half of the pictures I take, because of trying to get everything nice and sharp. A lot of people like to shoot their pictures and videos right at dusk. By picking the same approximate time each night, you can get the same "look" on all your pics and videos.

Don't forget to have an "all lights on" segment of your show, where people can see everything. That's also the best time for shooting still pictures.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control