Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Madrix software

i saw about this software on youtube. the question i have is it compatiable with lor controller and does it work with anything other than LED's

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Madrix software

Yes, and yes. I wish I had bought it. It is expensive though.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

where can i find it at? and how expensive is it?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    Check here MADRIX Dealers and Distributors in North America
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    I remember checking into it several months ago and someone said it started at $600. However, I only found $1600 for a basic package. I am likely wrong and even at $600 it was enough to rattle my cage. However, had I know the problems I experienced and continue to experience with Lightshowpro, I would gladly of bought it. LSP cost me $250. I made a bad decision jumping to LSP.

A friend of a friend uses Madrix at his church and his jazz band and loves it.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    ......... LSP cost me $250. I made a bad decision jumping to LSP.

I think you will eventually decide that it was a good decision to buy LSP. I think the timing is what is getting you and some other assorted issues the LSP needs to sort out. You had counted on LSP to easily run your LOR sequences. They have been known for being able to read LOR sequences, but I am guessing that the LSP needs a lot more setup to exactly match what you are trying to pull in. And although V2.5 is exciting in the video review of the features, it may also have its own issues with pulling in LOR. Given an additional 5 or 6 months with LSP, then you might be quite happy right now.

I have been living vicariously through your experience with LSP, since I was within minutes of buying LSP - - but then decided to watch you first. There was an alarm going off in my head from things I had learned from a guy I know named Al. And Al always said to give yourself a lot of time with any major changes, and also don't make late decisions (scope creep) with each year's plans.

I think some more study with LSP might win you back, when I contrast to the large scale effects Fasteddy has done with it. I'll decide next year if they have improved their ability to import LOR ..

If it wasn't for that fat turd Visualizer, I would still be completely happy with LOR. I gave Visualizer a bunch of time this week and expected to see light strings. I was actually able to put a nice top view of my megatree against my house picture. Cool. Now lets see what the mini lights look like. ... Hmmm no lights .. What ? I have a bunch of black dots .. When I went to select lights such as mini or C7, there was nothing to select ! Btw - - did I mention what I think about the Visualizer yet ? I've run out of three-letter and four-letter words for it. It's a big pile of nothing. It uses terms that only mean something to a programmer. The jerks could not even put in a light string in it ? I was thinking of writing down what I really think of it, but I try to keep my writings at PG-13 ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

denny jump over to the bottom of the visulizer thread

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    denny jump over to the bottom of the visulizer thread
    I appreciate the phone call today ! I've enjoyed picking on the Visualizer because it really is lousy software with no apparent architecture. You would think it would revolve around predefined strings. It's sad that they put so much effort into a poor design .. I will stop complaining and start learning it ..

I am not sure if I'll be able to meet up this week. I just realized that my wife is having ankle surgery on Thursday .. And prior to that we plan to spend some time at the lake. Her doc told her it's going to be painful for several days, so I'll be watching her close. She wants to scrap book, so we made a deal to set up two tables (one for her and one for me to solder boards ! I'll finish my E681s and whip up a couple Renard SS24s ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

good right ahead denny family is the first thing on my list to

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

thanks for all the comments. i had been looking at LSP too but was checking with more experienced members that had already been there and done that.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I think you will eventually decide that it was a good decision to buy LSP. I think the timing is what is getting you and some other assorted issues the LSP needs to sort out. You had counted on LSP to easily run your LOR sequences. They have been known for being able to read LOR sequences, but I am guessing that the LSP needs a lot more setup to exactly match what you are trying to pull in. And although V2.5 is exciting in the video review of the features, it may also have its own issues with pulling in LOR. Given an additional 5 or 6 months with LSP, then you might be quite happy right now.

I have been living vicariously through your experience with LSP, since I was within minutes of buying LSP - - but then decided to watch you first. There was an alarm going off in my head from things I had learned from a guy I know named Al. And Al always said to give yourself a lot of time with any major changes, and also don't make late decisions (scope creep) with each year's plans.

I think some more study with LSP might win you back, when I contrast to the large scale effects Fasteddy has done with it. I'll decide next year if they have improved their ability to import LOR ..

If it wasn't for that fat turd Visualizer, I would still be completely happy with LOR. I gave Visualizer a bunch of time this week and expected to see light strings. I was actually able to put a nice top view of my megatree against my house picture. Cool. Now lets see what the mini lights look like. ... Hmmm no lights .. What ? I have a bunch of black dots .. When I went to select lights such as mini or C7, there was nothing to select ! Btw - - did I mention what I think about the Visualizer yet ? I've run out of three-letter and four-letter words for it. It's a big pile of nothing. It uses terms that only mean something to a programmer. The jerks could not even put in a light string in it ? I was thinking of writing down what I really think of it, but I try to keep my writings at PG-13 ..
    The time scale I allowed was truly adequate but didnt take into consideration a total failure of several major programming items of Lightshowpro namely cut and paste and chase. The problems I experienced had nothing to do with me and is not a learning curve. It is crappy software from a company whose only care is selling software and not supporting what they sell without proper testing. Lightshowpro was and is a mistake. It took them 12 days to get me a working license for a software package. They had no problem taking my money. There is no excuses for that. Failing to answer emails and support tickets clearly says that it is not me but poor business practices. My so called lack of experience has nothing to do with any of these problems. If I had a do over, I would not buy Lightshowpro and instead buy Madrix which is written by a professional company with customer support. My neighbor who sells professional lighting equipment told me to buy Madrix but I didn't listen. I am stuck with this mess this year.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I think I saw that there is a Madrix demo version software. Perhaps you could install it and see if it will pull in your LOR sequences - - try the cut n paste, chase, etc .. ? Although I would probably never invest the big bucks in Madrix, I am curious if it would import LOR (or not) ... Of course if they had a nice 80% off sale, then maybe I would cough up $320 for it ! I better stop complaining about LOR .. it's looking better every day !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I think I saw that there is a Madrix demo version software. Perhaps you could install it and see if it will pull in your LOR sequences - - try the cut n paste, chase, etc .. ? Although I would probably never invest the big bucks in Madrix, I am curious if it would import LOR (or not) ... Of course if they had a nice 80% off sale, then maybe I would cough up $320 for it ! I better stop complaining about LOR .. it's looking better every day !
    Yes Sir! http://www.madrix.com/download/MADRIX_Full_Install.exe
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Madrix does NOT import LOR, in fact, it doesn't know anything about LOR or LOR sequences. Most folks that are using Madrix in their display are cueing madrix to perform a function or kick off a certain effect from LOR or LSP or lots of other sequencing tools.

Madrix can do some fancy stuff, but it's mostly doing patterns or mapping colors to functions or the like. Professional lighting folks love it, because it does lots of cool things, and as I mentioned above, can be triggered to do a specific function or effect from a DMX input.

So for those folks that are using Madrix and LOR, they needed an iDMX to output DMX, for which a specific DMX channel was being watched by Madrix to do something when that DMX channel was changed. Now, with DMX support in LOR, they won't need an iDMX anymore to trigger Madrix, but they'll still need a separate dongle to send DMX to Madrix.

Madrix isn't a slack on computer requirements either. I'm not sure if you can run a larger LOR show with Madrix and LOR on the same computer.

I'm not going to comment much on LSP, except to point out that there are folks, including fasteddy and others, who are successfully using LSP to run their shows...
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Madrix does NOT import LOR, in fact, it doesn't know anything about LOR or LOR sequences. Most folks that are using Madrix in their display are cueing madrix to perform a function or kick off a certain effect from LOR or LSP or lots of other sequencing tools.

Madrix can do some fancy stuff, but it's mostly doing patterns or mapping colors to functions or the like. Professional lighting folks love it, because it does lots of cool things, and as I mentioned above, can be triggered to do a specific function or effect from a DMX input.

So for those folks that are using Madrix and LOR, they needed an iDMX to output DMX, for which a specific DMX channel was being watched by Madrix to do something when that DMX channel was changed. Now, with DMX support in LOR, they won't need an iDMX anymore to trigger Madrix, but they'll still need a separate dongle to send DMX to Madrix.

Madrix isn't a slack on computer requirements either. I'm not sure if you can run a larger LOR show with Madrix and LOR on the same computer.

I'm not going to comment much on LSP, except to point out that there are folks, including fasteddy and others, who are successfully using LSP to run their shows...
    But it is compatible with LOR controllers and controls lots of different lighting equipment. And Madrix has a customer service section that actually answers problems instead of ignoring their customers. As for LSP, there are several people here that has LSP that doesn't work.
    Al