Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Light-O-Rama Version 3.0.2 Released

From bob at LOR

Version 3.0.2 has just been released. This is mostly the same as version 3.0.0, but fixes one bug. If you haven't already seen the release announcement for version 3.0.0, you can see it here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28473.html

It's strongly recommended that you read that post describing version 3.0.0 before deciding to download version 3.0.2, because 3.0.0 was a major release with many changes, whereas 3.0.2 is a small fix on top of all of those changes.

Version fixes a bug where the Hardware Utility might confuse certain controller types with each other when it scans for connected hardware. For example, if you had a CTB16PC controller, version 3.0.0's Hardware Utility might incorrectly report it as being a CCF controller.

You can get the installer for the new version from the software download page:

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

If that page does not show a download for version 3.0.2, please try refreshing it in your web browser.
    Shannon Wood

1239 RGB Channels
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Light-O-Rama Version 3.0.2 Released

I downloaded and bought version s3. Then I tried to put in my license and it puked. Then it sent me about 3 dozen rejection emails. I sent an email to LOR to fix the license thing. If I were reading this, I would wait a few days to let LOR work out the bugs before I downloaded S3. Lots of people had no problem downloading S3 then lots of us did too.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I had no problem at all thank God! I didn't have to buy it either. You want my key code? LoL
    Shannon Wood

1239 RGB Channels
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    I downloaded and bought version s3. Then I tried to put in my license and it puked. Then it sent me about 3 dozen rejection emails. I sent an email to LOR to fix the license thing. If I were reading this, I would wait a few days to let LOR work out the bugs before I downloaded S3. Lots of people had no problem downloading S3 then lots of us did too.
    Sorry to hear you had a problem Al.
    *When I upgraded Friday night from Beta 2.9.114 to S3, the set up screens automatically loaded my Lic Key as soon as I clicked on the register button. *Most issues the few people had, were resolved by Bob Friday night as soon as anyone posted on the forum that they had a problem. * Most of the problems were "user error" such as missing a step, as the automatic process worked really well.

I say, do not wait a few days, go for it!

The LOR development team was working 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM Fri, Sat and Sun on the forum to answer questions anyone had, and DevMike was running a Live Chat site all day Saturday giving real time assistance with the new visualizer.

Outstanding customer service all weekend.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well, I still don't have a working license but expect the issue to be fixed today.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Well, I still don't have a working license but expect the issue to be fixed today.
    Did you open a support ticket? Much faster response then an email. They were being worked over the weekend.

http://lightorama.com/support/
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes, Friday or Saturday. I just got word the problem was fixed. I wasn't concerned as it was a weekend.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Great !
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    From bob at LOR

Version 3.0.2 has just been released. This is mostly the same as version 3.0.0, but fixes one bug. If you haven't already seen the release announcement for version 3.0.0, you can see it here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/28473.html

It's strongly recommended that you read that post describing version 3.0.0 before deciding to download version 3.0.2, because 3.0.0 was a major release with many changes, whereas 3.0.2 is a small fix on top of all of those changes.

Version fixes a bug where the Hardware Utility might confuse certain controller types with each other when it scans for connected hardware. For example, if you had a CTB16PC controller, version 3.0.0's Hardware Utility might incorrectly report it as being a CCF controller.
    It figures. The curse is still in effect. I downloaded version 3.0.0 on Saturday, got the license key updated (thanks Al, I'll give you credit for getting that fixed before I hit that problem!)

That was on my development (sequencing) computer. I then updated my show computer, and saw no adverse issues.

The curse? Every time I download a new version, the next newer version is released the next day, unless I wait weeks after the release. That happened with every update of S2. It looks like it's still in effect for S3. Downloaded/installed it on Saturday, update is released Sunday. Unfortunately, that bug fix affects my equipment, so I'll have to force the release of the next version by downloading this one.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good news Jack. *Ver 3.0.4 is being tested now, for enhanced DMX support with the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro.

Also a small enchancement for the visualizer that LOR DevMike was coding Sunday afternoon. *He had hoped to have it in release 3.0.2 but missed by an hour or so.*
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Good news Jack. *Ver 3.0.4 is being tested now, for enhanced DMX support with the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro.

Also a small enchancement for the visualizer that LOR DevMike was coding Sunday afternoon. *He had hoped to have it in release 3.0.2 but missed by an hour or so.*
    I'm looking for it now; I just installed 3.0.2, to prevent the "CTB-16PC is a CCF" issue, since I have CTB-16PC's. I also have an RPM Entec-pro compatible dongle, so will cause 3.0.6 to get released by installing 3.0.4 when it comes out.

Actually, any time there's a new major release of a software version, many minor patches will come out shortly afterwards. I expect and accept that; I'm not Chuck Smith blaming the programmers for releasing something with bugs. Some bugs don't evidence themselves until the program is out in the general public.

I'm just amazed the upgrade price was so low. You won't find that from Microsoft; look how much it would be to upgrade from XP or Vista to Windows 7.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well, the 3.0.2 release was to fix a Hardware Utility bug that appeared between Beta 2.9.114 (the last version we tested) and the release of 3.0.0. I think they are still scratching their head to figure out what happened and where it came from.

To my knowledge, 3.0.4 will be some enhancements now that we've gone from 40 Beta Testers to 4,000 people beating up S3.

During Beta testing, LOR DevMike was very receptive to and was able to incude a lot of enhancements and additional features to the new Visualizer that as a programmer he had not thought of the different ways people would try to accomplish a task. And he has already coded more from suggestions he has received since the Friday night release!

Your RPM-Entec compatiable dongle will work, but like almost all the Entec clones, will offset all your DMX addresses by 1. So when using a clone dongle, what you send on channel one, will show up on channel 2. Note, this only happens with the clones, not the genuine Entec. They work perfect. Therefore the only dongles officially supported are the LOR and the Entec Open and Pro.

Yes the upgrade price was low, the new Visualizer is easily worth $30 by itself. Dan kept his word on taking care of existing S2 customers with such a nominal price. (Of course, the S2 upgrade from S1 was free!)

Glad you downloaded the 3.0.2, because I really want a couple of things that will be in 3.0.4 lol Maybe that will hurry it's release! lol
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

my upgrade well swell lic updated automatically

are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    www.thelightsonpurserroad.com