Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default HELP with LOR Vu Wizard

For some reason I thought I would be able to define a range of channels from bottom to top... and then have the VU Wizard populate those channels to get the look of a digital bouncing VU (or Peak) Meter. On my new song I want that feature and I can't see how to make the VU Wizard do this for me. I duplicated my pole channels into a separate track but the "stupid" VU Wizard only seems to let me define one channel at a time when I want 7 channels from bottom to top <peak>. I see no point in making a peak meter with one channel.

This could easily just be me. Has anyone figured out how to do what I am talking about?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: HELP with LOR Vu Wizard

I think I am starting to answer my own question. It is actually possible to do this by playing with the threshold bar and moving it up for each channel up the light pole (or anything else you want). The trick seems to be making the setting sensitive enough to get a good bounce .. I am breaking through on this ! I will gladly share this once I find the right techniques. I would also like to hear from those of you who also figured this out .. It might be a cool tool after all !

as a starting point I have defined a separate track simply as a working track so I don't mess with my standard channels. Then I am pasting (by time) to move the VU Wizard results over to my Track 1 (main) channels. It's safe this way and no messy timing marks are added to your main sequence .. More later ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: HELP with LOR Vu Wizard

Denny,

As you discovered the threshold setting of the Vue Meter is very important. The Vue Meter pole that I demonstrated at the convention was 8 channels. I set the threshold low, defined the channel and saved the effect. Then I set the threshold just a little higher, defined the 2nd channel, and so on. Really is a quick way to do it. My Vue Meter poles have 5 colors of lights on them.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs