Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default LOR 2.9.4 Released

LOR S2 Ver 2.9.4 is released!

Now, a brief summary of the changes:
    • More LOR networks: Up to sixteen Light-O-Rama networks can now be used.
    • Old MC-P only affects the Regular network: "Old MC-P compatibility mode" is required if you have certain old LOR controllers, but it causes significant overhead on the comm lines. It now only affects the Regular LOR network, so that you can put the controllers which need it on that network, and your newer controllers on other networks, without the newer networks being affected by the extra comm overhead.
    • Feedback for attempting to copy or cut to a locked clipboard: If you try to copy to a locked clipboard, it wasn't necessarily evident that the copy didn't take affect until you later tried to paste. Now, the Sequence Editor will beep at you to let you know that something is amiss.
    • Vary color of channel button fonts: When you tell the Sequence Editor to vary the color of channel buttons during play, the colors of the text on those buttons would also vary, flipping between black and white, depending upon which is more readable at the moment. Some people found this distracting, and so you can now also control whether or not the text will change color.
    • Unqualified file name used on Sequence Editor tabs: The tabs for each sequence on the Sequence Editor show the filename of the sequence. If a sequence was not in the standard sequences directory, the displayed filename would include its directory name, too. This could make for some very large tabs. The directory name is no longer displayed.
    • Standalone sequences no longer download commands for auxiliary networks: Previously, if you downloaded a sequence for standalone mode, the download would include all LOR channels, no matter what network they were on. This could lead to strange behavior, and so a warning message would occur telling you so. Now, instead, only channels that are set up to use the Regular LOR network will be in the download.
    • Bug fix: Old MC-P in the Hardware Utility: The Hardware Utility was using Old MC-P compatibility mode when it should not have been, and was not using it when it should have been.
    • Bug fix: Speed of downloading sequences: Downloading sequences for controllers was much slower than it should have been.
    • Bug fix: LOR Control Panel launching programs: Depending upon how Windows is configured, the LOR Control Panel may have been unable to launch other applications (such as the Show Player).
    • Bug fix: Only MP3 files can be downloaded to the MP3 Director: The MP3 Director only supports MP3 files, but the Hardware Utility and the Simple Show Builder would allow you to download any type of media file. If it wasn't an MP3, it then wouldn't work. They now disallow you from downloading anything but an MP3.
    • This version can be obtained here:
    • http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR 2.9.4 Released

The Ver 2.9.x release has been "Beaten" pretty hard in live shows so far before it was released.

William is running approx 600 channels and one of the other Beta Testers has in his live display:
    • 9 Networks
    • 3500 Channels, including-
    • 4 DMX full 512 Universes
    • 8 Cosmic Color Ribbons.

If you already have your show running, and don't need any of the changes listed above, then I would suggext you just stay with what you have for this display season.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks John,

My first thought was to hold off til after the season.
    I'm tempted though because I have alot of lag downloading my sequences.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You mean when the show starts?

Have you tried (with whatever version you're currently using) in SHOW EDITOR, OPTIONS, select SEQUENCES ARE LOADED BEFORE ANY ARE PLAYED ?
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You mean when the show starts?
    Yes.
    Is this something new? I'll have to check it out.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by victory402 View Post
    Yes.
    Is this something new? I'll have to check it out.
    No, It's been in all of the older versions of S2 that I remember. I don't remember if it was in S1 or not.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well Dang! I guess this qualifies me for the Bozo of the year award. I think one of the cool things about this hobby is I'm always learning something new and better late than never. Thanks John, you have been a big help to me this year.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Oooh! Another tip for the "tip board" coming next year!!!
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by victory402 View Post
    Well Dang! I guess this qualifies me for the Bozo of the year award. I think one of the cool things about this hobby is I'm always learning something new and better late than never.
    Don't feel that way, Vic.

I'm currenty working on sequences for next year, 2011.

I doubt that I'm understanding or using more then 80% of the "good stuff" that's buried throughout the S2 software, the stuff that is meant to help solve the "little things" that can make the whole show experience better and easier.

I figured that by starting on next year now, I'll have plenty of time to explore all the buttons and options on every little screen that pops up. I think I find another little "Gem" almost everyday.

I'm always learning something new!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com