Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Irritating bug in S2

When I use S2 (last year Yall), it sometimes fills the all the cells either horizontally or vertically with full on in a column or row. I usually use the arrow cursor that is used for selecting. This bug really bugs me. I have all of the latest updates. Programming with S2 is like driving nails with the pistol grip of a loaded revolver instead of a hammer. I will switch to LSP next year IF the developers add in the fractional speed playback.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Irritating bug in S2

Thank you Al, I'm having the same problem and I thought perhaps it was a setting I screwed with or something.

The new S2 is maxing out my show computers memory and causing my show to hang up and sometimes crash. Yes my show laptop is older (need serial port for x-10), but it worked fine last year. My cpu usage last year might go to to 30% max, now it;s hitting the 100% max through most of my songs. I'm adding some more Ram memory this weekend to help.

Another intermitant problem I'm having is I can't move the timing marks sometimes when sequencing, comes and goes.

I will say this though, I love LOR's customer support. It can't be beat. Their hardware is rugged and durable too.
    If they will improve their softwares preformance, I will stay with them.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    When I use S2 (last year Yall), it sometimes fills the all the cells either horizontally or vertically with full on in a column or row. I usually use the arrow cursor that is used for selecting. This bug really bugs me. I have all of the latest updates. Programming with S2 is like driving nails with the pistol grip of a loaded revolver instead of a hammer. I will switch to LSP next year IF the developers add in the fractional speed playback.
    Al,

I'm confused. Are you using S2 2.8.12 ?

I've never seen this issue posted on the LOR board nor in the LOR Beta Testers forum, nor experienced it myself.

With all due respect, I don't think this is a "bug" in the software, but perhaps operator error?

Are you using any keyboard shortcuts? If so, you are aware that many of the keyboard shortcuts were changed in S2 Ver 2.8.0 and up?

Here is a pdf file containing the current 2.8.x keyboard commands;

-keyboard-shortcuts-2.pdf

If you really think it is a "BUG" then send an email to LOR's head programmer at

bob@lightorama.com

I'm sure he will be very interested if there is a "irritating bug" in S2 ver 2.8.12. During Beta testing of 2.8 sotware, the programmers were very quick to address any "bug" issues as they were discovered. From Ver 2.8.0 (7/16/10) to Ver 2.8.12 (10/01/10)
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by victory402 View Post
    The new S2 is maxing out my show computers memory and causing my show to hang up and sometimes crash.

Vic, are you saying while running your show out in the yard, that your CPU memory is hitting 100% ? How did you set up your show? Simple Show Builder or with the Show Editor / Schedule Editor. Running the show requires the least CPU resources of any of the software features.

Another intermitant problem I'm having is I can't move the timing marks sometimes when sequencing, comes and goes.

??? Are you using the "fixed" or "freeform" timing grids, in "foreground" or "background" mode, or a combination of timing modes in the same sequence?

I'm loving S2 ver 2.8.x So many new features, so much more flexibility. Fixed and Freeform timing grids in the same sequence, plus both foreground and background effects in the same sequence, the ability to paste by either time or by cell at any particular point.

However, you do need to keep up with which "mode" you are currently working with.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Al,

With all due respect, I don't think this is a "bug" in the software, but perhaps operator error?
    I am certain that I am in the proper mode. This bug occurs very infrequently. I'm sure other people experienced it but haven't said anything because it is easy to repair the damage most times. The error occurred last night and it took me an hour to fix. I was not happy. I do use keyboard shortcuts but haven't localized what causes the bug.
    Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hmmmm,

I have been in a mode other then where I thought I was, and had something unexpected happen, but the "Undo" button has always erased my error if I haven't saved.

When I'm working on a sequence, I rarely use the "Save" button. I use "Save As" and add a number after the file name. That way if the new stuff I added is totally screwey and not doing what I hoped it would be when I play the sequence back, I have a "restore point" sequence previous to my latest "experiment" to revert back to. Also while just working on a sequence, I'll do a "Save As" every few minutes just in case my computer should decide to take a dump.

I hate trying to remember what all changes I did to a sequence that I no longer like, and trying to go back and undo them them after a save.

The "Save As" with a version number has saved my butt many hours because I made a mistake while editing.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com