Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default LOR S2 RGB-W <Mighty Mini>

I am totally new to RGB in LOR S2. And with the Mighty Mini spots we also have W. I have four Mighty Minis (16 channels) loaded into LOR but have not done anything more than assign the channel numbers to each color. I have them wired for channels 1 through 16 in this order R1, G1, B1, W1, R2, G2, B2, W2, etc

For those of you who have messed with the latest LOR S2 features in support of RGB .. can you post some tips on how to set up the RGB and the W ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR S2 RGB-W <Mighty Mini>

I declared RGB channels for the MMs. Then I place the white channel corresponding to the MM under each RGB channel. That is a bad way to do it. You wont be able to cut and paste multiples or use the "chase" button. I consider the "chase" and "fill" buttons the best things since transistors and I can't use the chase button due to the single channels (whites) being interspersed with the RGB channels.

Other than that no real other issues.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Al. Maybe one night when you are doing some sequence work, I could swing over and work on mine at the same time. We may be able to share ideas while working away on our own sequences.

As I read your comment, I am thinking a possible solution would be to change the sequence view from the channel order. So the the view could show:

RGB1
    RGB2
    RGB3
    RGB4
    W1
    W2
    W3
    W4

What do you think ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Chase button? Oh man...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've run into these chase issue as well. What I do is drag the offending, in this case white, channel(s) out of the way, do the chases then drag them back where the need to be.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, that is the way a smart man does them. The way I did it sucks. Too late for this year. I'll call it living and learning.

Scott, remind me to talk about the chase button. It solved a huge problem that I had with S2. No more calculators trying to figure out chases.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Denny, that is the way a smart man does them. The way I did it sucks. Too late for this year. I'll call it living and learning.

Scott, remind me to talk about the chase button. It solved a huge problem that I had with S2. No more calculators trying to figure out chases.
    Great Al. I would like to get in on the chase discussion as well. I am working really hard to talk them out of needing me in New York during the week of the TASL meeting .. I am making some headway .. so might make the meeting after all ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole