Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default LOR S2 Animation "bug"

I discovered over the past few months that my animation tool had different settings than some of the new guys who started from scratch this year. Last season was my first and I had decided not to use a picture on the background. But rather I placed the lights to represent the shape and location of my lights. Those who saw my animation and my house were able to recognize everything.

So this year I wanted to at least increase the resolution of my animation, but I found that I could not go pass 200 (vertical or horizontal). Yet Jack and Scott had theirs running well up around 300 ..

I finally wrote LOR about this problem and Dan told me to add a picture and the resolution limits would grow. Using one of my existing sequences (and THANKFULLY renaming it to a new file first) I added a picture. The software let me pull in a picture of my house, and it let me set a high resolution grid. But when it popped back to the "display" mode, about half of my old animation picture was gone. And the remaining portion of my old animation was sitting over top of my house picture. Worse yet - - the animation was at a lower resolution <around 135> and could not be changed at all. Yuk. So I removed the house picture and the "cut" portion of my old animation was still gone. Double Yuk !

I have asked Dan to give me a process for how to keep this mess from happening. I certainly don't want to start over with new sequences to get the animation working correctly.

I will keep everyone posted on his solution for this.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR S2 Animation "bug"

Whew, I figured this resolution problem out too from Scott at the TASL meet Wed. and was getting ready to add a picture to my animator this weekend. Thanks for the heads up Denny! Yes, keep us posted.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS