Thread: LOR 2.8.10 Released

wbottomley

Default LOR 2.8.10 Released

Released today, 2.8.10.

Notes:

Now, a brief summary of the changes:
    The Advanced OpenGL Settings dialog: This new dialog can be used as a troubleshooting tool to investigate, and perhaps work around, various strange display issues that happen on infrequent computers. However, this is not recommended; typically, such display problems can be better resolved in other manners, such as by updating your computer's graphics card's drivers.
    Bug fix: The "Paste from Foreground" option in the Edit menu's "Set Paste Mode" submenu did not have a shortcut key.
    Bug fix: On some computers, selecting a sequence from the Sequence Editor's Windows menu would cause a portion of the display to continue showing the previous sequence, until something like a refresh was done.
    Bug fix: When the Chase tool was used with Paste from Foreground turned off, if the chase was done by dragging from bottom left to top right, or vice versa, it wouldn't necessarily correctly overwrite existing effects with off effects.
    Bug fix: The "+" key is supposed to apply the Repeat tool, but only the "+" key on the standard part of the keyboard was doing so; the "+" key on the numeric keypad was not.
    Bug fix: When more than one sequence was open in the Sequence Editor, and they were maximized, clicking on the "X" to the right of the menu bar would close the active sequence (as it should), but that sequence's tab would remain open in the row of sequence tabs. Subsequently clicking on that tab, for the closed sequence, would cause the Sequence Editor to crash.
    Bug fix: Stopping play of a sequence in the Sequence Editor would sometimes cause the column of cells that happened to be at the time of the start of play to become selected.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR 2.8.10 Released

I have to apologize for causing that update. I put off updating to the newest version until two nights ago, knowing that 2.8.6 would shortly be supplanted by 2.8.8, which it was. I waited on 2.8.8 for several weeks, since I didn't have the time to sequence anyway, and finally installed it on Monday night.

So, of course, on Tuesday, per Murphy's usual tactics, 2.8.10 gets released. It's all my fault, for updating to 2.8.8. I'll hold off updating to 2.8.10 so they won't have to release version 2.8.12 for a while.......

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I think I already discovered a bug, when playing a song in the editor with my video box enabled, the space bar will not stop the song unless I click my left mouse button first. minor glitch, maybe user error, but I'm perfect...ugh! LOL
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

There are only 3 things in life you can count on: Death, Taxes and another LOR update right after you installed the previous level.

I will wait for 2.8.171 in October ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Isn't it wonderful to have software from a company that is so responsive to customer feedback? LOR listens to customers.

BTW - just noticed that LSP seems to be fixing bugs and releasing updates almost daily! (They also seem to listen)

LSP released ver 1.7 on June 9. The current version is 1.7.10170.1848. That's a TON of bug fixes in just over 2 months in order to make it work properly.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Isn't it wonderful to have software from a company that is so responsive to customer feedback? LOR listens to customers.

BTW - just noticed that LSP seems to be fixing bugs and releasing updates almost daily! (They also seem to listen)

LSP released ver 1.7 on June 9. The current version is 1.7.10170.1848. That's a TON of bug fixes in just over 2 months in order to make it work properly.
    Oh goodness. Chuck has infiltrated our forum and hacked John's account. It won't work Chuck, we are on to you.

wbottomley

LMAO.