Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default First impressions of new Software

The RGB part seems to be OK so far... Color blending seems to be working. Easy to use... RGB shows up correctly on the animation window. No more making a Red Star, Green Star and a Blue Star to show RGB. You can see the blending now.

One of the first things I needed to do was to create a new master channel configuration to export... But the problem is the time it takes to setup 150 channels for a CCR. The Channel Property Grid is lagging behind the curve here... Conversion over to the new software is a pain. Example: I have 150 channels used for the Star. 50 Reds, 50 Greens and 50 Blues... I converted the 150 channels to 50 RGB channels. Well the Channel Property Grid (CPG) only changes the names of the labels for each of the 3 colors. But does not change the label for the RGB label for the same group of colors... You not only have to rename 150 channels but you have to rename 50 RGB labels too.... Ouch...

OK so after a couple of hours of work I decided to see how much "fun" it was going to be adding a new CCR. I found out if you first insert 150 non-RGB channels. Then convert the 150 channels to 50 RGB channels. At least this way the RGB label says something now like "CCR 2" instead of "New Channel". Now the down side... You have to set the "Device Type", "Unit" and "Circuit" for each of the 150 channels.

What is needed (If I have missed this, sorry I am still getting a grip) is for the fields to be automatically populated... There is no reason why when creating or converting channels, to input the "Device Type", "Unit" number and starting "Circuit" number... This may be in the works but I do not know....

If you are adding CCRs with the new software... Sequencing of RGBs is wonderful. Setup is a pain... Don't get in a rush. It may take a long time to get stuff setup. But once it is, you will not have to do it again on this version...

Last year I spent most of my time learning how to setup for the CCRs in my sequences... Also if you are adding CCRs this year add them to the bottom of your channels. Export the Channel Configuration. Now you will still have your animation setup from last year. I think you will be able to take last years sequence, open it up, then import the new Channel Configuration... You should be good to go...

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: First impressions of new Software

I haven't downloaded the new version yet, nor do I have any CCRs yet. But those sound like valid concerns; a LOR program should incorporate LOR devices with easy setup.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: First impressions of new Software

OK I found an "Add Device" Option... It does set the "Device Type", "Unit" and "Circuit" for each of the 150 channels....

I hope I save someone a lot of work... LOL