Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR 2.8.6 Released

I have done all that John... Thanks for the advice... What I have not found is what version of Open GL you have to have... Mine only goes to 2.1 OpenGL....

I found this utility to tell you about your OpenGL you have installed....

http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_view...-gpucapsviewer

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I figured you had, Mel.

Interesting utility. Says I have OpenGL 2.1.2 on my main machine.

Maybe tomorrows release will solve your problem. Apparently several people were having issues with their video cards, but it didn't come up during Beta testing.

Just for grins, if you want to, would you want to send me the sequence you posted the screen shot of (no audio needed) to see how it renders on my system? John@TennHolidays.net

Look forward to meeting you at the convention and seeing your fire demo!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am not too concerned right now... The PC I have tried it on is one in which I am using LOR software running on VMware. So I did not want to freak them out with that revelation... Tonight I will give it a go on my laptop...

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Any suggestions for how we should use the RGB feature with the Mighty Minis ? I am guessing that we would use two rows - one for the RGB and one for the White. Hopefully the future will allow RGBW support as one unit ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That's going to be about the only way since the Mighty Mini is not really a RGB element

Some folks are already asking for another tool that includes yellow, purple and orange, they just don't understand the concept that RGB means red, green and blue - the three primary colors from which all other colors can be made.

Over the past couple weeks with the beta software, I have tried it with my Cosmic Color Ribbons and Rainbow Floods and it works fantastic on these RGB elements.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I bought an LOR starter kit as part of the July sale, so I may have to try out the MM with it, once I get my dongle.

I would definitely suggest using the RGB portion of the MM with the RGB feature of LOR. Use a second track for the white. Should work well for most of what you want to do, and adjust the brightness of the white depending on the effect you want. It should look as good as any other RGB element, like the Rainbow Flood.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yep, what Mark said. Walter and I are in process of putting together the rest of the Mighty Minis that I bought. We have put together 6 and have 10 more to go. Then we are starting on 4 DC controller boxes. Get this John, we are using your first design as I like it the best. Your first design was less complicated and cheaper. So, we will be testing this stuff this weekend. I plan to do exactly as Mark said. Man, I wonder how much light 16 spots will give to the yard. The glow on the horizon will be my house on Sunday. If your lights dim, you know who is causing it.

Which reminds me. One of my long term neighbors is a manufacturer's rep for companies that make studio and architectural lighting. He told me that the next generation of lights are being being fielded now that have 7 or 9 color LEDs on board instead of RGB. I wish I could remember which and 9 color LEDs would make sense. He said that a company that he represents in making an LED (9 color LED I guess) light that will have the same intensity as the light on top of the Luxor hotel in Vegas. I've seen that light and it is very bright. This is the kicker, the light will be about 1 foot in diameter. I told him I wanted to see that light if the company demos it. Can you imagine an LED light that intense? The cost of that single light will be something like $50K. He is keeping an eye out for deals on DMX lights for us too.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Then we are starting on 4 DC controller boxes. Get this John, we are using your first design as I like it the best. Your first design was less complicated and cheaper.
    I'm not the least bit surprised you liked my first design better lol
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

wbottomley

LMAO.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm not the least bit surprised you liked my first design better lol
    Well I did. The design was very compact, well protected, and simple. I like simple. I adore simple. I would have liked to use the weatherproof connectors but with all of the crap that I have been buying this year, I clearly could not justify it. When my money tree is mature as John's, I might consider buying all of those connectors.