Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default We Visited CC Houses Last Night

Helen and I spent several hours driving around last night. Trying to see some of your systems ! We learned that we are VERY spread out !

First, I highly recommend a non-synchronized light house on 1010 Road in Cary - - less than a mile east of Holy springs road. His display is GIGANTIC and he's got every cool gadget imaginable. Well over 100 blow molds, a fully decorated antique boat, fully decorated firetruck, his blowmold Santa and Team is mounted on a very large crane and it looks like Santa is heated into the sky ! Waterfall ice around his HUGE house. Arches all the way up his driveway. Full sized manikins of boys ice-skating. Probably two open acres of displays ! He even has a spaceship with aliens. He's clearly got many weeks of setup involved. Far more than what I have mentioned...

Then we drove 1.7 zillion miles and found Patrick Yauch's house in Clayton. I picked up some nice tips on making arches there. Patrick has also made a nice FM sign with Coroplast. He's done a lot of DIY ideas, including a talking Santa (also coroplast). And he's very interested in some of our group rpojects including some DIY controllers ..

Since we were already 1.7 zillion miles from home, it was only about .6 more zillion mile to cut over to Michael Hunter's house in Wendell. Michael has also been experimenting with coroplast and offered great tips such as leaving air "flaps" to in them to help defray the wind load. His shooting stars were really cool, made of coroplast squares with minis punched in // then suspended between two trees, with nylon ropes top and bottom. Another great tip is to pass end end through screw-eyes and drop the ropes down near the ground and tie them off. Makes it simple to drop them down in case you have any bubs go out. He made a two channel coroplast gadget that is about 2 feet square. It has a candy-cane going through the middle of a large ornament so he can fade between them to let one "pop out" over the other...

We also went by Walter's but it was after 10pm. Got no answer on his cell phone and he was already shut down. :-(
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: We Visited CC Houses Last Night

I did not have the show on the last 2 nights I have been recovering from food poisoning. I stop running it after Christmas but I will run it wednight or friday night (i'm off that night).
    Walter

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry to hear that Walter. I hope you feel better. If we miss your system, perhaps you can make some videos ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Denny for coming to our display. It was a pleasure to speak with you and give you a behind the scenes tour. I am looking forward to our forum meeting and sharing more ideas.