Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Article hit the Yahoo Home Page <Twice>

Apparently I was on the Yahoo Home page for about 6 to 8 hours Friday and again yesterday morning. They called it "Wild Home Show Uses 17,000 lights. It might be a regional thing because local people seemed to see it Friday. But then people all over the country saw it on Saturday. I was so busy with friends and relatives I never got to see myself on the Yahoo home page. But a buddy sent me a screen shot and he even highlighted the Yahoo paragraph that led people to the New & Observer video. Here's why the report took on wider appeal - - - We all know that there are hundreds of our Christmas Houses around the country. And they all have You Tube videos in the 10s of thousands. But I am being told that there's not been any news articles that focus on what it takes to make one of these houses. So it gained really wide appeal. People have been writing me and calling me from all over the country!

In addition to the front page of the N&O, the article and picture of me came out on the front page of the Cary News yesterday. As you might imagine, the traffic has hit. People clap when I walk out of the house. I was passing out candy canes to the kids and chatting with cars last night. Sometimes it was a 10 minute wait to get into my neighborhood off Cary Parkway for a while .. At least 40 to 50 cars an hour (probably more). But everyone was being courteous, and lots have figured out to pass on through, park, and walk back to watch from across the street. It's really getting fun now ! Check out my other post on the Showing Off section if you want to read the story or see the video news report.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wildhome.jpg  
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-20-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Typos
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Article hit the Yahoo Home Page <Twice>

Hey... your 15 min was suppose to be up last week..... LOL