Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Who's show is still up tonight? 1/2/2015

We may be coming around, wife has tonight off.
    Thanks
    Gregg Gusta
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Who's show is still up tonight? 1/2/2015

I am going to try and run mine this weekend 3rd and 4th. I am in holly Springs.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Tonight is the last night of the season for our display. We had over 20,000 sign our guest book this season and served about 19,000 cups of free hot chocolate.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I am going to try and run mine this weekend 3rd and 4th. I am in holly Springs.
    I enjoyed the display last night james. For the local group, James is running a 16 strand pixel tree 22' tall, made from 8 LOR CCBs. He's also using multiple LOR DC controllers driving 10 RGB mini trees on his front roof .. Plus a lot of AC light channels around posts, tree and bushes. But the one thing I asked that he would talk about at the next TASL meeting is his very well organized rows of ground lights. He created 8 rows of three colors on the ground (24 channels) with Red, White and Green LED strings .. 4 strings per row. The rows encompass his entire front yard. Unless I missed somebody's display .. James might be the only one who is running a full set of ground lights covering his entire yard. He is talking about adding per pendicular light rows next year for a checkerboard effect .. It was impressive to see.

Quote Originally Posted by duke View Post
    Tonight is the last night of the season for our display. We had over 20,000 sign our guest book this season and served about 19,000 cups of free hot chocolate.
    Awesome larry .. You and Rachel have literally dedicated your lives to your display. It's truly amazing to walk through !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i guess you could say my season is over i took my roadside signs down today
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We're done for the season.

However, 2015 planning is going to kick into gear MUCH earlier than it did last year!

• I've already got 3 neighbors lined up to add to the show...
    • My current neighbor that hosted my megatree has already been buying up post-Xmas-priced lights like a madman (he's hooked!). Hell, he was ADDING lights to the display on new years eve! lol.
    • I'm committed to a whole-house outline in 5 colors of LED ice
    • and... now teetering on a pixel tree.... sigh.... this is gonna be a busy "off season"

And on top of that, Im going to have to find a way to spruce up Halloween!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Halloween is fun and it sort of gets the rust off for Christmas after not doing much for a lot of months. We'll actually be getting ready for Xmas before Halloween we got a super late start this year. Think three houses next Christmas. Two megatree more outlines of house. Going from 48 Chan last yr to 96 this year to I think 168. The key will be to be prepared. Panic decorating was too stressful!!!
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    Halloween is fun and it sort of gets the rust off for Christmas after not doing much for a lot of months. We'll actually be getting ready for Xmas before Halloween we got a super late start this year. Think three houses next Christmas. Two megatree more outlines of house. Going from 48 Chan last yr to 96 this year to I think 168. The key will be to be prepared. Panic decorating was too stressful!!!
    Well, Halloween is near and dear to me as its the whole reason I started with this.

My initial plan was to ONLY do Halloween last year (our first year). But we had so many neighbors and friends asking us with anticipation what we had in store for XMAS- I panicked and dove in for xmas as well!

But now, with all my plans, XMAS will certainly overshadow Halloween... so I need to think about it more.

The challenge is absolutely ZERO of my work for one holiday carried over to the other! Different elements, singing faces, colors, etc....

ONE thing Im thinking, though, is I might be able to use the pixel strips on my giant spider web....

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    We're done for the season.

However, 2015 planning is going to kick into gear MUCH earlier than it did last year!

• I've already got 3 neighbors lined up to add to the show...
    • My current neighbor that hosted my megatree has already been buying up post-Xmas-priced lights like a madman (he's hooked!). Hell, he was ADDING lights to the display on new years eve! lol.
    • I'm committed to a whole-house outline in 5 colors of LED ice
    • and... now teetering on a pixel tree.... sigh.... this is gonna be a busy "off season"

And on top of that, Im going to have to find a way to spruce up Halloween!
    A 10' half pixel tree would look nice in your yard and a lot simpler to make the frame. Buy 16 pixel strings (plus a couple spares) and a top crown with 16 rungs. Then make a 32-string half tree by installing the middle of the string on the crown. Each string would be installed with 25 bulbs up and 25 bulbs down. No power injection needed and you can fill a E682 with the 16 outputs. A 400 watt power supply should do it (buy a spare) .. plus some pigtails and 16 extention cords. If you mount the controller in the middle, then 5' extensions should work fine for a half tree ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control