Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default well im working on my video ablitys

my next task is to learn to hold my breath while videoing.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: well im working on my video ablitys

i hear ya. when we recorded my lights last year had my wife record it using a tri pod and then we took the video inside and with some software was able to put just the audio file on top of the video. dont have to worry about any outside sounds or anything.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mrlightmadness View Post
    i hear ya. when we recorded my lights last year had my wife record it using a tri pod and then we took the video inside and with some software was able to put just the audio file on top of the video. don't have to worry about any outside sounds or anything.
    I just bought a new software package for the videos. I researched it through DIYC. The one I picked is fully automatic syncing using the audio files with each video run you make. It takes in up to 4 view and took about 30 seconds to fully line everything up. I have not yet tried putting the original audio files on it but that's also supposed to be just as easy. Next I'll learn how to mix the views into the final. The one I bought is called Cyberlink Pwer Director 12 Ultra. Retail is over $200 but they are selling it for $75 through the end of the year. Ultra is the second from the bottom in terms of their offerings. But you need the ULTRA in order to get the Multi-Cam Designer plug in .. So far I am super happy with it - and I usually hate new software.

Also make sure when you are shooting your videos that you record the audio using your FM transmitter. I know Mike does not have speakers in his year, so this is mostly for everyone else. YOu will get too much delay if you try to record the audio from speakers in your yard. The speakers need to be within a few feet of the camera to avoid delays that would make the lights look like they were off tempo ,,
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike -

I get the impression you recorded the sound from your outside speakers? If that's the case, and you're using an FM transmitter, have a radio receiver near your camera. It will be much more clear, even if you do overlay the audio file later, which is really recommended for best audio quality.

I like Denny's solution, but the budget says either lights or software.......lights won out again this time. Windows Movie Maker works, sort of.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

jack i have thought of over dubbing and im almost at that point i just have to find time to learn the software ive had for 3 years now yall know with my m/s and vision things i love to do take much longer than a more sighted person would use yes i had the ol getto blaster 2 foot from the cam heck i have just gotten to the point where i can video a lil with out every thing being washed out .but keep the ideas coming guys i love um and will work them in as i go along thanks go out to Shannon wood for helping me find the fireworks setting on that tiny handi cam
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

here my best at sequencing so far sorry its fuzzy but at least its not washed out
    Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

im going to retape the whole show tonight with a helper that has 20/ 20 to see if that makes any difference.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    im going to retape the whole show tonight with a helper that has 20/ 20 to see if that makes any difference.
    You are on the right track. There's a very fine line between in and out of focus.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control