Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Expanding in 2014

I've had to cut back my expansion. Getting sick for the last 3 weeks of November was a major blow to my plans. I do have the Talking Trees in the display now. But as of today they are only doing a little smiling here and there in the "all lights on song" at the end. I designed them to be able to look at each other and that looks really cute ! I am finding that Papagayo is very hard to use. There is very little documentation and the one tutorial video on the internet has the volume so low I can't hear most of it. Frustrating. But I am still shooting to get some new talking segments going before Christmas.

The new pixel tree has to wait until next year. I have everything done for it, including the controllers (E6804 and E6802 combined in one box). But too much stress to get all the software done for 850 pixels (2550 channels). There are other little things that we updated this year such as new 10' Soldiers with a giant 12' candy cane arch behind them. I've added 8 new blowmold soldiers coming down the stairs from the front porch (in front of the two large soldiers). Those will be on a controller next year for some sequencing. I have 8 large candy cane blowmolds that need frames (maybe next week). And some goofy blowmold reindeer that I may also try to get into the display, but they are going to be tricky to get LEDs inside. Still thinking about them.

Lastly, as many of you know we had a group project back in 2010 for Mighty Mini RGB spot lights. They were cool year one. Starting to lose LEDs by 2011. And limping almost unusable in 2012. I reworked them from 24v down to 12v and put rectangular RGB modules in them. Tonight they should be back in the display. My spot light bodies were the very small version, so 4 modules (twelve 5050 LEDs) was all I could get in them. But the Mighty Mini spots were so weak, I am betting these new modules will work better. I'll find out tonight !!

I really wanted to get more of the TIR Destiny RGB spots (the big 26 pound ones) into the display. I have 3 out now, and 6 more waiting to go out. These got killed off when we got sick.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Actually I was curious about the originator of the thread - @rooster423. Did he expand to his neighbor's yard?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

no i did not get it going this year. we just couldn't get it together. Hopefully next year

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The house across the street from me is for sale .. We'll see who buys it. I am already using ELLs to feel three controllers on the far right side of the house. So it would be simple to add them. Or they might hate it !!
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Rooster - sorry to hear, but understand, too. Haven't changed my show in three years now. Looking tired. I need to jazz it up next year.
    - Scott M.