Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Oh snap - I got noticed

if it had been me there would have been a problem no body is going to tell me how to celebrate a holiday on my land now if i was throwing a loud party and had folks fall down drunk in the roads or keeping them up at night it would be different BUT THAT'S JUST ME for the most part the visitors i have had this year stay in the cars and i ve only heard thier radios twice but i can understand his point of view but i d let them hold my opinion before i left for sure
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by koi_plumber View Post
    I got shutdown this year, we did talk to several neighbors before bought our new home and explained what we did and what they should expect. It started about our 4th week of decorating, the concerns of big we really were came up. The new neighbors 'allowed' us to power up, then held a meeting after two weekends (5 nights of lights) where they voted to have us stop. The lights were not the issue, they just did not want anybody coming into the neighborhood to look at them. We do not do the traditional drive by, we park cars and have walking trails, Santa, and refreshments. We had volunteers handling traffic, parking (all on our land) and the hospitality area. So rather than cause any issues, (was threaten they would classify it as a nuisance and have it shutdown) we just dismantled 6 weeks of work. The house is now for sale and we are now looking for another place. Checking out tracks of 4 - 40 acres, might as well go bigger!
    OUch., just read this story for the first time.

Im curious about the neighbors "voting"? Do you live in a neighborhood governed by a restrictive covenant? Im struggling with how they could "vote you out"

hard to believe the cops would enforce this otherwise- especially with your description of the volunteers, traffic, etc.

Regardless, sad story after so much work.... I will could myself blessed to have an understanding neighborhood AND a pretty down-to-earth police force.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll second that one on the Cary police Paul .. They have been supportive from the start. Mostly helping with traffic, but also coaching me not to listen to the "crazy people" who complain.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

They say they are an association, cannot find anything recorded and they cannot provide documentation.; heck, they even said the last meeting was over six years ago.
    Well, the' members' that showed up that night took a vote, stating they would like us to stop the light show. We did not have to, but veiled threats were made that some legal action could be taken to force us to stop. I know the local police and state patrol only gets involved if roads were blocked/closed or for noise complaints. Neither would be valid so that would leave civil suits and although I believe in the principle of doing what I want on my two acres, I cannot even consider taking on legal fees to fight.
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well i guess you gotta do what you gotta do but thay are stepping all over your rights to express your self .at least call the local media and plead your case make them squirm.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.