Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: RGB Spinner

DIYLEDExpress will be stocking the 12" spaced version in the store after the presale is over. If you want spacing other than 12" you have to order during the pre-sale. I'm planning on picking up 50 feet or so of these for something.

That is if I have the funds. I just found out I need a new show PC.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0
    Likes SWood liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I could not find them on Ray Wu's site. But sometimes they have really bad descriptions on stuff that "hides" things. I am curious where he bought them. 12" spacing would be really cool for a roof outline. I wonder how many feet I can drive with one run ? I'd have to use some connectors along the way for power injection and for breaking up to match sections of my roof. These might be a nice addition for when I come back in 2014 ..

I need to decide how badly I want to keep my incandescent look. In some respects I hate messing up a good thing tho ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

New Member s.spence03291@gmail.com's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    I'm working on two spinners/pinwheels not sure what you call it. I'm putting GECE bulbs on each. I got one almost complete just have to finish the wiring. They will have 72 pixels each. Here are some pics. I really like the clips that come with the GECE bulbs, it makes mounting them real easy.

Attachment 2353

Attachment 2354
    how do I make one of these and what do I need?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by s.spence03291@gmail.com View Post
    how do I make one of these and what do I need?
    The frame is made from 1 inch PVC and two 1 inch pvc crosses (in the center) The LEDS are GE Color Effects and these came with the bulb mounts you see in this post here. http://www.christmascarolina.com/for...html#post24160 I used a Sandevices E6804 controller to control them.
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    The frame is made from 1 inch PVC and two 1 inch pvc crosses (in the center) The LEDS are GE Color Effects and these came with the bulb mounts you see in this post here. http://www.christmascarolina.com/for...html#post24160 I used a Sandevices E6804 controller to control them.
    The GECEs are no longer available, but there are lots of choices for C9 RGB bulbs now. Holiday Coro sells some that they called the Brilliant Bulb. And Holiday Coro will help size your power supply and consult your wiring.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control