Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: ECG-DR4

Gee, I leave you guys (and girls) alone for a few days and you go off and start squabbling!!!!

No one has a corner on the knowledge. I've been poking around the RGB stuff for awhile, and will willingly share the results of my research with anyone that will listen. This isn't a TASL thing, it's a Christmas Carolina thing. TASL just happens to have regular meetings close enough to where I'll come and share.

I would do the same thing at a Texas event or even somewhere in the frigid north, but the folks here in Texas are nicer. (side bar: I'm actually in Dallas this week for work, and they're supposed to get another 3-5 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully it will all melt by the time I have to get on a plane to come home...)

Mr. Moore has contributed lots of the RGB knowledge base most recently. If you want a preview of some of what I'm going to talk about in 2 weeks, check out his video series on RGB. He started it recently, and you can find it on his holidaycoro.com website. I don't have the breadth of items that he has, and he's been doing some neat things for his own display. Giving back to the community is what it's all about, in my book.

Back to the ECG stuff. Ed makes the ECG-DMXRen8, which is an 8 universe DIY version, where you have to assemble the daughtercard for the 8 outputs. Then there's the OTS version - ECG-DR4 with 4 universes, and he's working on a Pro version with Power over Ethernet, so you don't even need a separate power supply.

I happen to have purchased the DMXRen8 version, and have fully populated the 8 outputs. This will allow an Ethernet connection as input, and 8 DMX/Renard outputs via RJ45. I used 4 of the outputs to run 4 separate DMX universes to some Lynx Express AC controllers, some DIYC DC controllers, and even 2 LOR DC controllers. These were driven by LSP. Some single color flex pixel strips were used on some wireframe stars, and it was planned to use some MightyMini floods. THese has some water issues and didn't get turned on for the show.

OK, back to your "normal" squabbling.....
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: ECG-DR4

Gees Mark see its all your fault if you had been here this wouldnt have happened jk, but now your back and set us straight on to the makeup