Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Review: Creative Displays Strobe Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Well if they do then John can expect some to be dropped on him when he least expects it.
    Thank you Al, for the kind offer. While we had a White Christmas this year, they are kinda rare, so feel free to present me with the Acme Little Giant Snow Cloud Maker. Not sure of the current price, but the 1979 Acme catalog had them for only $29.95 with a 30 minute delivery time, with the wired remote. I would prefer their newer model with the wireless remote, just $39.95 in the 1983 catalog with a 15 minute delivery time. They may cost a little bit more by now.

John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

For the younger people that may not be familiar with the Acme Corporation, I did find this info on Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acme_Corporation

The company name is ironic since the word acme is derived from Greek (ακμή; English transliteration: acmē) meaning the peak, zenith or prime, and products from the Acme Corporation are both generic and tend to fail.

One of the first appearances of the Acme Corporation was in Harold Lloyd's silent film "Grandma's Boy" in 1922 where a tramp robs a shop called "Acme Jewelery Co." References to Acme Corporation can also be found in other Lloyd movies like Safety Last (1923) and Girl Shy (1924). The first reference to Acme Corporation in a cartoon was in the Buddy cartoon (Buddy's Bug Hunt).[citation needed] It also appeared in the Egghead cartoon Count Me Out in which Egghead purchases a "Learn How To Box" kit from Acme. In the Road Runner cartoon Beep, Beep, it was referred as "Acme Rocket-Powered Products, Inc." based in Fairfield, New Jersey.

The company is never clearly defined but appears to be a conglomerate which produces every type of product imaginable, no matter how elaborate or extravagant - none of which ever work as desired or expected. An example is the Acme Giant Rubber Band, subtitled "(For Tripping Road Runners)", which appears to be produced specifically for Wile E. Coyote. Further proof of Acme's inferior products is shown in a commercial for a Bat-man suit that Wile E. Coyote previously purchased. Acme states the suit is guaranteed "for the life of the user."

While their products leave much to be desired, Acme delivery service is second to none; Wile E. can merely drop an order into a mailbox (or enter an order on a website, as in the Looney Tunes: Back in Action movie), and have the product in his hands within seconds.

One exception was the car in the 1953 Looney Tunes cartoon, Bugs and Thugs, which worked perfectly until Bugs Bunny lured the robbers onto a railroad crossing when a train was coming. Bugs described the car earlier to the police as a " '52 Acme - straight eight - overhead valves - with California license plates!" As Bugs was shown repairing the car after the train wreck, it was shown with a front disc brake, 20 years before they were commonly available on American cars.

So as you can see, Acme is a very large corporation, that has been around for a long long time.

EDIT: I also found a copy of a lawsuit filed by Mr. Coyote in 1995 against the Acme Corporation in 1995 and the Acme response. I'll post them in the Basement Forum probably tomorrow night (really should be in the Toilet Forum if we had one, in fact most of this thread has headed straight down the drain thanks to Al.
    Last edited by John; 02-15-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I made a statement in post #15 that I really didn't mean and could have been taken the wrong way.

It was kinda harsh. Didn't really mean it. In my opinion Al can continue to stay on this earth and this forum and can continue to goof off. After all, I just goof off here also, and it would be lonely without Al.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I made a statement in post #15 that I really didn't mean and could have been taken the wrong way.

It was kinda harsh. Didn't really mean it. In my opinion Al can continue to stay on this earth and this forum and can continue to goof off. After all, I just goof off here also, and it would be lonely without Al.
    PPPffffffftttttt.
    Al