Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Techniques for Video Taping

Great job William. And that voiceover just adds so much to the video
    Demented? yes but in the best possible sense.

thedementedelf@charter.net
    www.thedementedelf.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I use Sony Vegas Platinum Pro....I went thru 3 different video editing software packages..and settled on Sony Vegas. I use Adobe for everything else but video editing...go figure. It has a steep learning curve, but once you learn it it is a very powerful piece of software. I use it to put together my hunting and model airplane videos. As far as quality...if you upload it to youtube the compression is HORRIBLE..they do have an HD feature now...but I use either Vimeo or upload it to my server now to keep the videos clean. If you do a search for youtube optimal upload settings or something like that you can find sites that will tell you how to set your software for the best output so youtube doesn't kill your videos with compression. Here is a couple I have done I did...compression SUCKS...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE HUNTING...DO NOT WATCH!!!
    http://illuminationsfx.com/duckpics/11252008.wmv

I plan to put together my Christmas videos this weekend...MAYBE..if the rain doesn't set in!
    Last edited by JediKnight2; 12-11-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OK if we are going to post videos... lol

This was shot with my Steadicam at my son's Wedding.... With the Steadicam it looks like you are floating around instead of the annoying bounce from walking...

The Reception

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Great Stuff ! I appreciate all the posts and ideas.

Mel - Is the Steadicam also the one you are using outside for the lights ? I could use something that I could move around with !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have a friend coming over with a video camera sometime this week. Once I get the results mixed back with the audio, I will post a link.

btw - I have finally hit the 50 hour mark with the software, although the first 10 hours didn't count. I trashed all that work once I got comfortable with the LOR interface. I have played a lot with timings and have come up with a system for dividing each measure of the song, rather than doing it by 10ths or 20ths of a second. I can help next year's newbies ! Now that I have LOR figured out pretty well, I almost hate to have to start over with LSP ... :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome to the club. Next year will bring more newbies and more learning. The amazing thing about our group is that the newbies don't ask stupid questions, because we educate each other all year long. I love our group.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Finally ! Traffic got low enough tonight and I shot some videos with a full SLR lens Canon camera (T1i). Some of the colors are interpreted wrong, particularly my American Flags which are showing some green in odd spots.

Are there any more video taping suggestions to get better color balance ? Special settings for the camera ?

I was using a tripod, set on manual focus, and the Image Stabilization turned off. I was shooting at 1280 x 768.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole