Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Video mapping software?

So, I've managed to get a projector, and because of where I intend to project my images, I'm in need of video mapping software.. Preferably free, if possible. Anyone have any ideas on this? I have looked at MadMapper, but @ $355, it's a bit out of range at the moment.

-Roger
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Video mapping software?

I have never delved into this area but have always been amazed by it. I remember when they turned Buckingham palace into many different things. The windows and brick literally vanished. You might be able to find the videos and information from when they did that one. It was for one of the Queen's celebrations perhaps 5 years ago. But I do recall that they put millions of $$ into the software that made it happen. Also quite a number of powerful projectors. To me, $335 sound cheap if it will do it at all ! A pixel megatree costs more than that ..

We did have a very active member Mel Welch, if you remember him. He was the guy who ran pyrotechnics for Blue Oyster Cult .. known in the 70s for their famous pyro effects on stage. Mel and another guy were the brain child of it. Mel had his synchronized flames and music just off Six Forks road until a few years ago when he decided to drop this hobby in favor of amateur movie making. He was developing video effects on the front of his house at the time, and had an outrageous monster pop right out of the siding of his house for Halloween. I am thinking that you might want to contact Mel to ask about the Mapping software. He might know a bit about it. Also Sam Johnson @Samj435 has been looking into it. We have Mel's contact info from the old TASL lists. Not sure if his email is the same but it's very likely that he still has the same phone number. I'll message them to you.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 with multiple Falcon Pi Players

256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 & 4 E6804 Sandevices, 1 PiCap Falcon Controller,
    Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, Pixel Nodes, CoroFlakes with Pixel Modules, 10" RGB Ornaments, 2 pixel matrix 16x25,
    TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Pixel RGB RBLs, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Video mapping software?

Might look into a free software called VPT 7. https://hcgilje.wordpress.com/vpt/ I don't have a projector yet (well, have one of those little ones you can fit in your pocket) but have played around with it a little. It's pretty slick what you can do with it