Thread: Digital projector recommendations?

Ssgt. Blinky, to you! cpnbnanamn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Digital projector recommendations?

So, I'm looking to add a good digital projector to my show. Primarily, it'll be used indoors. I was looking at the Epson Powerlite 93+.. I've found a couple on Ebay for a decent price, and the bulbs appear to be decent. Does anyone else have any thoughts, or recommendations? Looking for something with 2000+ lumens, ideally an HDMI input, and some decent resolution.

-Roger
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Digital projector recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by cpnbnanamn View Post
    So, I'm looking to add a good digital projector to my show. Primarily, it'll be used indoors. I was looking at the Epson Powerlite 93+.. I've found a couple on Ebay for a decent price, and the bulbs appear to be decent. Does anyone else have any thoughts, or recommendations? Looking for something with 2000+ lumens, ideally an HDMI input, and some decent resolution.

-Roger
    Get with Sam Johnson @Samj435 He's been researching and working on outdoor projector systems for several years.

ROGER - - I was going to tell you to use the TASL list to call or email Sam. But I see you've never signed up. I have everything except your address to get you on the list. Email or PM your address to me, and I'll put on the TASL list (and send you a copy).
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Ssgt. Blinky, to you! cpnbnanamn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I need one for indoor use.

Denny: email me, and I'll send you the info you requested.
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

After careful research, I picked the office series of inFocus projectors. They have at least 3200 lumens, and some models do HD. They have RS232 and USB on the back for control remotely (turn on/off via batch file running on Windows Scheduler). IN110x Projector Series | InFocus. They are bright enough to see clearly on a well-lit room. They are also very competitively priced and the replacement bulbs aren't bad either. They also withstand some pretty crazy extremes, as I had them mounted outside for over 10 months and they still work.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0