Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Display Videographer

It seems we may have a videographer that is very interested in shooting video of our displays. He is going to get back with me after talking to his business partner and will give me a price range for x amount of video. But, from talking to him it seems he is reasonable in cost. Of course, we will have a better price with volume.

If you are interested, we are planning a get together to discuss it one evening. He is also available to go other places. I would guess the price would be contingent on the volume of people in a certain area. So, if you live in another area let me know that you are interested.

I won't say who he is just yet, but he is involved in sports video.

Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Display Videographer

I am interested. Of course we'd like to know what equipment he uses.

One item to ask him about is what he would charge for editing <only>. For myself, I like shooting the source with my High Resolution Cannon 15MP camera with the full sized lens. I shoot at least two views and sometimes 3 views. I really like shooting the source angles myself, so I can control exactly what I get. I would want him to mix the views and the original audio, into a final video. Also in being close to how the sequences are designed, there are certain views that will be better than others for certain sections. So we would need a mechanism to somehow tell him about those. I don't mind doing all of that .. it is part of getting a good result.

So in this case I probably don't need him to ever come by my house. I also think if he will work on this basis, we could get a lot more people who don't mind shooting the source footage for him. It seems to me that getting the final mixed result is the part we struggle with !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have spoken with the videographer and we are going to meet the week of the 15th. A few songs with camera work and editing are going to be in the $300 range around Raleigh. This will be professional quality video and editing. Richard H's video are professional quality. If you want to meet with the gentlemen then PM me. He is willing to go to other parts of the state too. He said he can make them into Christmas video cards too.

Al

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Excellent ! I would like to get his price for the editing, and compare to the years that it would take me to get them done myself.
    Last edited by kidcole; 11-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm game... and willing to delegate the whole shebang to him...
    - Scott M.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Great. He will be back in town this weekend late and will set up a time for us to meet. He can't make the 17th meeting due to a commitment. I'll let you know when the date is when I know.