Thread: Building a CCP Tree with Package from Light-o-rama but need to program now.

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Building a CCP Tree with Package from Light-o-rama but need to program now.

I am a newbie to RGB this year and I am replacing my megatree and starting to build a CCP Tree. I have purchased the starting package from wowlights, which is where I have bought all of my previous stuff from, which is using lights packaged as well by light-o-rama. Now, I need to do the prorgramming and want to start using nutcracker to do so, but I need to know how to get started and also how to setup the CCP Tree in Nutcracker.

Any links, tutorials, online stuff, or personal help would be appreciated?

James Van Horn

P.S. the CCP Package that I bought makes a 16 strand Tree, I would like to do a 32 strand tree to provide for more density, but need to get started first and start understanding what I am doing and how to make all the special effects that I want to do.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Building a CCP Tree with Package from Light-o-rama but need to program now.

The best way to learn Nutcracker is to join the weekly training that the developer of Nutcracker provides. He usually posts his web links here for the training. Eventually a bunch of us will tart getting together to create a local user group of Nutcracker. BUt we do expect participants to show up with basic knowledge and some training from Nutcracker first. You can also go the the Nutcracker website to review any of Sean's past web sessions. He records them. They have all the same info as the ongoing meetings, except you can't ask questions unless you are on one of the live ones.

Here is his page with releases you can install .. Scroll down for the videos and other info

http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Building a CCP Tree with Package from Light-o-rama but need to program now.

Good Day.

I am trying to find the forum in order to try an get notifications when things are posted to it. Of course I will be very interested if we get a group together to do some of this as well.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn

P.S. Hope that you are doing well my friend.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Good Day.

I am trying to find the forum in order to try an get notifications when things are posted to it. Of course I will be very interested if we get a group together to do some of this as well.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn

P.S. Hope that you are doing well my friend.
    It's here .. just check "New Posts" once a day and you won't miss anything. Or every other day works too ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

you will find all my tutorial videos on vimeo.com, search for smeighan

the into tutorial for people who have never used xlights/nc is from jan 9th

thanks
    sean
    Thanks Tripplett thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thank you Sean. I will take a look for sure. I need to make some headway on this as this is the main staple to my display and really want to show it off this year.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sean.

I have watched the intro video. Very good information. The question that I have is in my old LED programming, I would have my megatree be green or red and have spirals running through it, which looks like something that can be easily done here. Sometimes though I would have the red or green doing like an open or close half circle in addition to the spiral running. How do I do like the open red or green half circle in nutcracker. When do you think that the gallery will be up to see what other people are doing as well? This is a very powerful piece of software.

The other part is the setup of the controllers and stuff. Do I need to provide space for my LOR controllers and channels so that I have a spot to read in the LOR file? If so, how do I setup the e485 USB controllers coming off the USB controllers for light-o-rama.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn