Thread: Are There Any Artists out there?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Are There Any Artists out there?

I have been using the free vector drawing tool InkScape. It is awesome! Inkscape. Draw Freely.
    It works on Windows, Linux and the Mac.

I am thinking of implementing singing pumpkins ans Christmas trees for this year In order to do this I will parse and use the papagayo phonetic files. Lost Marble
    papagayo will take a sound file and produce a text with the phonemes identified

My plan is to put animated images on my megatree.

So , If you are interested please look at this short tutorial that shows how to draw a pumpkin in InkScape. http://screencasters.heathenx.org/wp...deos/ep038.ogv
    watch it even if you dont plan on making a pumpkin. you will see some of the power of inkscape.

So I need multiple images with different mouth shapes to match the phonemes. We could also make the pumpkin/tree blink sometimes.

If someone could make up 3 or 4 shapes i could test the software. I will use the movie engine to flip through the images.

thanks
    sean

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Are There Any Artists out there?

sean i think i ll have to pass on this one this is just step one and it looks like way to much work maybe some of my retired friends can help ya sorry
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

If you like my pumpkin, I can track down the files I used to create the Visualizer and Papagayo "mouths" files.
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Shanta View Post
    If you like my pumpkin, I can track down the files I used to create the Visualizer and Papagayo "mouths" files.
    Gorgeous ! I'd like to see your files .. I hate Visulaizer but working on coming to an equilibrium with it. I need to learn some Papagayo by next year ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Toymaker/Delivery Guy Santa Shannon's Avatar
    Status
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here are my mouth shapes:

These are the actual images I use in Papagayo (some play double- or triple-duty). Note that it is not entirely necessary to have two "oh" shapes, but I found it useful for Halloween because there are so many screams and whispers and ohhhh sounds in spooky music. Here is the larger, master drawing I used to trace in the visualizer (click for full-size).

-pumpkin.jpg

Note that the face outline, ribs and top lids are all on one channel and the lower lids/pupils are another, so he can blink. Here it is in action, though I've been refining some of the animation for this year.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ter%20Mash.mp4

Hope it's helpful.
    Check out my professional Santa website, That's Santa!.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Very nice Shanta ! Maybe we can get you to teach papagayo one of these days .. I am not sure if any other local members are using it ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control