Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Hi all from Australia

yeah i know that Carolina is not quite just down the road but when i seen my DC controllers mentioned i had to join and say hello.
    Just to bore you with a little history.
    i only got seriously interested in Christmas lights in late 2007, after looking at a bunch of quite boring displays that were just randomly flashing lights using inline controllers supplied on a lot of lights in Australia I let Google become my friend and search for animated lights and controllers. After reading everything i could on a number of forums and having a history in DJ/live music and electronics i decided to use DMX and build a Lynx Freestyle board.
    This was used in 2008 and whilst the controller was fine i hated all the 24V Transformers etc that we need to do over here and decided to switch from AC to DC for all low voltage lights used. This was also driven by a desire to start using RGB LED lighting.
    As there was/is no really cost effective (cheap) i bit the bullet and designed my own and the initial version was used to run 16k lights with around 360 channels.
    Whilst sitting outside watching all the RGB lights and drinking the odd beer a new megatree was visualised that involved RGB LED's and potentially 1728 channels (now halved) and the 2010 project to make it happen was born.

Hope to be able to help anyone with questions on DC and LED's
    Cheers
    Phil

wbottomley

Default Re: Hi all from Australia

Glad you joined and offer us some insight.

Welcome

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It's great to hear from you Phil ! We sure appreciate what you are doing for us - - and all the families and kids that watch our displays. Keep up the great ideas and DIY stuff .. !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks and Thanks to you both.

Denny, the ideas are just rampant....... gotta keep them somewhat in check or i will get sidetracked and not finish what i need to for this year

Always happy to help were I can

Cheers
    Phil