Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: hello nc

Awesome Mark. I knew there were others who were using the Lynx DMX boards. I believe those are the ones we plan to acquire through a large "group buy."

We could all benefit from your experience if you could join some of our meetings when we get started next year ! Particularly to work out the bugs on the wireless !

With all the wire on the ground, my cat-5 cable to the mega-tree controllers had to cross a lot of wire to get there. I had channels that would freeze and not work until the whole group was turned off and back on. I knew immediately it was interference of some sort. I put the cat-5 cable up in the air and the problems went away.

I am ready to go wireless for everything new that I add. I also will want to keep the LOR boxes and will stay wired for those.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    With all the wire on the ground, my cat-5 cable to the mega-tree controllers had to cross a lot of wire to get there. I had channels that would freeze and not work until the whole group was turned off and back on. I knew immediately it was interference of some sort. I put the cat-5 cable up in the air and the problems went away.

I am ready to go wireless for everything new that I add. I also will want to keep the LOR boxes and will stay wired for those.
    I had that problem a few years ago also, so I did 2 things. Mounted 5 controllers at the megatree and since its all LED, only have one 16 gauge cord for power. I also went wireless with groups of my LOR controllers. Especially when crossing the driveway and sidewalks where I really didn't want to string Cat5. The Cat5 I do use I run in 3/4 inch electrical PVC to keep it from accidentally getting stepped on while working on the display.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

[QUOTE=mschell;2816]
    I'm also got some DMX DC SSR PCBs coming from a guy in Australia that I may use for my LED floods next year.
    /QUOTE]

Hey Mark,
    Would you share with us where you got the PCBs and why? Why is more important that where. Several of us in the raleigh area will venture into DMX next year. Would you like to do a presentation on DMX at a meeting.
    Al