Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default New member introduction. Michael Harness

Hey all. I posted a couple weeks ago about the new Falcon board being released (F48). I mentioned that I would post an introduction, but it seemed to have slipped my mind. I live in Rolesville (near Wake Forest) and this will be my third year of using pixels. I am slowly adding new elements as I go, I started with a Mega Tree using an AlphaPix controller the first year, this last year I swapped out to the Falcon 16v3, doubled the number of strings for the tree, added a star topper and added 5 arches. I am hoping to add either an outline of the house or icicles for 2018.

I do use Xlights for my sequences but am still very new to creating my own, mostly I have added to sequences I purchased my first year. I have used the FPP for my scheduler since I started but have not used any of the scripts or plug-ins as I have not had need of them. I have a ton of questions as to how to use Dumb Controllers or DMX in conjunction with my smart controllers. I plan on attending the meeting this weekend and hope to get some answers to my questions as well as meeting folks that have been doing this lighting thing for much longer than I have.

Edit- I forgot to add a couple things.

1. I have a Harbor Freight tubing bender if anyone is in need of bending a base for a tree or what not.
    2. I wanted to thank Paul Lowe for sending me the information about the group, I met with him a few weeks ago as he kindly showed me a behind the scenes of his show.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: New member introduction. Michael Harness

Welcome to cc Michael Harness there is a meeting this Saturday.maybe you can make it Im sure we can answer a few if not all of your questions. kick your shoes off and stay a while .
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: New member introduction. Michael Harness

Hi Michael and welcome to Christmas Carolina. It's great that you are a DIY guy. A lot of those here, so you'll fit right in. I'll be glad to help with Dumb RGB and DMX ..

We have a local club named TASL .. And TASL meets for two full Saturdays each year. The first meeting is this Saturday. If you'd like to see what we're planning for the meeting, go to the link below. Then Scroll to Post 1. All the meeting details are there.

You are welcome to respond to this meeting notice by adding a post saying you will be there. There are other details about food, drinks, etc. We'll have xLights and FPP running at the meeting .. and many other things. I hope you can make it. Here's the link, then Scroll to Post 1.

OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 3, 2018 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

it's a really great time to be with people of like interests. Paul will be there and we can cover your DMX and Dumb nodes questions.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control