Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Hello from Virginia

Hello,
    I have been into light animation since 2013. My wife is the one who decided she wanted to do a light show in 2013 and we have been blinking lights since then, we have used different controllers Lyncs (pixelnet and DMX), Falcon, DMX controllers and the new ESPixelsticks.

You can see some of my videos here:
    https://vimeo.com/user18359477

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Hello from Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by bakerlights View Post
    Hello,
    I have been into light animation since 2013. My wife is the one who decided she wanted to do a light show in 2013 and we have been blinking lights since then, we have used different controllers Lyncs (pixelnet and DMX), Falcon, DMX controllers and the new ESPixelsticks.

You can see some of my videos here:
    https://vimeo.com/user18359477
    Nice to hear from you . looks like you have been a member for over 4 years. I am just now moving to Lynx Express AC controllers. They seem like simple no frills DMX AC controllers. I plan to mix them with Falcon and Sandevices pixel controllers with xLights software this year. Ive not run a display with Lynx yet. Do you have any comments about lynx express .. or tips ? Anything to watch out for ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Nice to hear from you . looks like you have been a member for over 4 years. I am just now moving to Lynx Express AC controllers. They seem like simple no frills DMX AC controllers. I plan to mix them with Falcon and Sandevices pixel controllers with xLights software this year. Ive not run a display with Lynx yet. Do you have any comments about lynx express .. or tips ? Anything to watch out for ?
    The Lynx Express controllers just work for me, I have not had a problem with mine in 4 years, there is a utility to upload dimming curves to the controller, but I have not used it as I currently use them to turn on Halogen flood lights for my Peanut's cutout characters and the life size Nativity scene. I do plan for this year to use the ESPixelstick to make the Lynx controller wireless that will reduce a few cable in the yard. I am also hoping to get down to one of TASL meetings this year.

Steve

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by bakerlights View Post
    The Lynx Express controllers just work for me, I have not had a problem with mine in 4 years, there is a utility to upload dimming curves to the controller, but I have not used it as I currently use them to turn on Halogen flood lights for my Peanut's cutout characters and the life size Nativity scene. I do plan for this year to use the ESPixelstick to make the Lynx controller wireless that will reduce a few cable in the yard. I am also hoping to get down to one of TASL meetings this year.

Steve
    I appreciate that. I bought one of their programmer boxes to upload the dimming curves, and I cannot get it to work. Sometime in the next couple weeks I am going to make a DMX test bed from my latest Falcon controller box (and xLights), so I can test the Lynx to be sure they work. The default curve is flat, so it would be nice to put something in there more like LOR. I don't know why it won't work. Could be because I am running Windows 10 and the drivers might have issues.

The Saturday's TASL meeting is shaping up to be quite a good one. about 27 people coming so far. Might be worth the drive ! Next one is possibly August. I am going to start a polling to see when everyone wants it. We used to run 3 per year but there was always one that had little attendence. We have better participation with 2 .. so far. We're also going to talk about ZOOM .. I hope the group would like to do that. We could do more training and helping each other remotely with ZOOM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control