Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Introducing Myself

Hello, I am Robert

I have been sequencing Christmas lights for about seven years now. I asked my son (who had recently graduated with an electrical engineering degree) to set up relays to control Christmas lights and he located a deal on DJ DMX dimmers which I bought two (each had 4 channels). Hooked! Reading forums like this and watching youtube/vimeo videos has made me grow in this hobby. Now have two e682 controllers, a Falcon F16v2 and several E6804 controllers (and still use those original DMX controllers).

If anyone can choose their OCD - this is the best one to have!
    Thanks mpurser thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Introducing Myself

Welcome to the madness
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome to Christmas Carolina. A lot of DIY guys here in case you need opinions. Sounds like you are pretty far down the road. Since you mentioned Falcon, I assume you are also running xLights. A mix of everything here. LOR and xLights are the top choices.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes mpurser liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Welcome to Christmas Carolina. A lot of DIY guys here in case you need opinions. Sounds like you are pretty far down the road. Since you mentioned Falcon, I assume you are also running xLights. A mix of everything here. LOR and xLights are the top choices.
    I use Vixen 3 since that is what I started with and am comfortable with. Thinking of using xLights for next year but will need to learn how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by robertz View Post
    I use Vixen 3 since that is what I started with and am comfortable with. Thinking of using xLights for next year but will need to learn how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We hear ya. Quite a few of us have been moving from LOR for several years. I finally realized that I keep falling behind because I take too much time off. So this year I am working continuously .. a little bit each week .. with my new pixel props and with xLights.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control