Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Hello, Iím Andrew from Deer Park, TX

My apologies that I have neglected this introduction. I have been into light animation since 2013. This was the first year, my wife and I came across a three channel control system at Lowes that we used the first year. After that Iíve been addicted to what can I do next. Iíve had dumb RGB mini trees since 2014. They were my first dc pixels. This year we added a 180 degree 16 strand by 50 pixel tree driven by a SanDevices e682. Our display was complete by thanksgiving but on the 30th I had a heart attack and a triple bypass December 5th. This meant that until mid month our display was a single sequence featuring ďYouíre a Mean One Mr. GrinchĒ. Once home I finished two more sequences and have been focused on recovery. My wife and I were able to take most of the decorations in the yard down Sunday before last. The mega tree and roof lights had to wait till this week. Thankfully, my son and son in law were able to step up and take down rest of the display this Monday. I truly have a hodgepodge of controllers, store bought and homemade display items. DMX, Renard, e682 and some ESPixelPops. I plan to come back with a vengeance this year. Link to our 2017 display below, no music as I donít have speakers outside and only Broadcast over FM radio. My truck radio is playing with all the windows down but you canít really hear them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks mpurser thanked for this post
    Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Hello, Iím Andrew from Deer Park, TX

nice display Welcome to cc. don t ever apologize in our hobby obsession diy is a mainstay.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com
    Thanks aclarksr thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    nice display Welcome to cc. don t ever apologize in our hobby obsession diy is a mainstay.
    I would never apologize for my obsession. The apology was for not introducing myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

LOL i was just pointing out we all do diy
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome Andrew. Great intro .. We usually don't get that much detail. I agree with the hodge podge mixture of technologies. That keeps the challenge alive. You didn't mention software .. Most here are LOR or were LOR. Some moving to xLights. Some on Vixen or HLS. We had about 7 years of heaving posting activity here, and we still use this forum to communicate our local clubs in the Carolinas. Lots of info spread around. I hope you find it useful.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Thanks aclarksr thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I started with HLS up to last year. HLS was the first one I was able to figure out how to configure. Switched to Vixen to take advantage of the effects for pixels. I couldnít get xLights to run till this week. I had allowed Microsoft to infect my PC with Windows 10 and kept getting error 87. Turns out my graphics card was not compatible with W10. Rolled back to 7 and everything straightened right out. I canít believe that took so long to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes kidcole liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well some time those things creep on us all.