Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Raleigh Christmas Light Blog - New Member

Hello everyone! Denny Cole invited me to join your group, and I am very excited to find you. I love light displays of all kinds, and I've been visiting them for years. I wanted to find a way to share my favorites with friends and the community so that they can get the same enjoyment I do from the gifts that all of your light display owners provide to us each year. I created a blog called Greater Raleigh Area Christmas Lights. It is located at raleighchristmaslights.wordpress.com.

The blog has four sections -

1) The Best Holiday Light Displays – Descriptions, links, ratings, and pictures of what we believe are the best private homes and neighborhood light displays in the Raleigh areas.

2) Smaller and Unrated Light Displays – Descriptions, links, locations, and pictures of some additional beautiful light displays that we’ve either not been able to visit yet or displays that are not quite over-the-top crazy enough to be rated on the main blog section.

3) Raleigh Area Holiday Light Trails – Suggested tour routes for four regions in the Raleigh area where you can find the best holiday light displays from the list in section one. Displays from section two are also listed on the tour routes as "Bonus Properties".

4) Commercial Holiday Light Displays and Events – Links to commercial festivals, events and light displays in the Raleigh area.

I went to the Chinese Lantern Festival at Koka Booth a couple of weeks ago with friends. Then on the way home, I suggested that I show them some of your incredible light displays. We visited Christmas Lights at Station Drive, Abbey Lane, and the Heindels on Sleepy Creek Road. We all agreed that while the Chinese Lanterns were very beautiful, we all preferred your light displays.

If your display is not listed on the blog, send me some information by clicking on the CONTACT link on the blog. If you want me to add any additional information about your display, please let me know.

Thank you all for providing such a wonderful gift of Christmas spirit to our community.

Al Parker
    Last edited by apraleigh; 12-21-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Raleigh Christmas Light Blog - New Member

welcome to cc i don t have a big display anymore but i had a nice one at least i thought so new this year with pixels and new soft ware.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome to the forums!
    Neat site, lots of good displays listed on there!
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for joining CC Al. I really enjoyed your blog. And thanks for promoting TASL too .. I hope you can make it to the Feb TASL meeting, and maybe one of the TASL tour nights .. I am adding you to the TASL members list and I'll be sending it out soon.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome Al. I went to the lantern festival tonight and want the Santa clause and sleigh they have in my side yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk