Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Morning Conway SC Here

Morning,

My wife and I moved to Conway from San Jose almost two years ago. We had been doing a static display for over a decade there. Our first year here was also a static display. For the 2016 year I jumped into XLights and all it had to offer so we not only used our A/C stuff thanks to 6 Renard SS16's (4 of which I assembled) but also used a Falcon F16v2-r for the main controller. The show was a big hit here but it could not of happened without the tremendous help from the DIY lighting community. There was plenty to read and try, with many issues, but all of them were worked out. I plan to increase my show for the coming year. Also I hope to attend some of the get togethers.

David & Michele Maxwell
    Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Morning Conway SC Here

Nice to hear from you David and Michele. Many of us are experienced with many years of lights and music but we're currently in the process of moving from LOR to Xlights (with Falcon Pi Player). For some of us (self included) it's been dragging on for a while, but we have XL and FPP focused meetings planning for our Raleigh area club named TASL. There is also a South Carolina group but they have not held any meetings for a while. Scan the Events section and you can make contacts down there. The southern area could use some new enthusiasm to get their meetings going again. We all use ChristmasCarolina as our home site. It's a good place to get help. We also check in with the major sites such as DIYC and Falcon.

Of course if you are willing to drive to the Raleigh area, you can always attend a TASL meeting. Our general TASL meetings are Feb 11 and Aug 12 this year. And we have a LOR Migration to Xlights day on March 4th. Plus Pi Day on May 6th.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control