Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default New In Raleigh

Hi Everyone,
    I'm Anthony and going into my second year of lighting. By day I'm an IT analyst currently working for two different retail companies in their engineering and project management groups. The other waking hours are spent on this great hobby, as the wife allows of course. I actually started off in the hobby as a way to fulfill my wife's holiday spirit, and now I think I've become more spirited than her. I initially looked into a simple setup with LOR to just include some lights that could easily be changed for different holidays. Thats when I got sucked in, a simple house outline turned in to around 7000 channels last year using Xlights and Falcon controllers. This year I will be adding a few more props and diving into P10 panels but I really want to focus on the sequencing side to expand my knowledge there. You can check out my display @BoltonHoliday on Facebook.

Looking forward to getting to know those in the area that share in the enjoyment from our displays.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: New In Raleigh

Welcome aboard!

also coming up is the TASL meeting, check out that thread for the date, time and location...
    Joel

Likes Tripplett liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

welcome to cc
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018
    Likes dave liked this post

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome Anthony. It was nice meeting you on Facebook this morning. I hope you can join some TASL meetings. I think you mentioned not being available on Feb 11th. If you are able to make some changes to join us, check out the agenda in the events section. a lot of things you like will be there, including P10 panels.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default New In Raleigh

Welcome aboard. If you can't make the TASL meeting feel free to hit any of us Cary folks up with questions. Also we had a few monthly coffee meet ups last year and expect to do the same this year.

Edit - sorry thought I read you were in Cary. Anyway you can probably hit ANY of us up and we would reply. We are a friendly group.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Welcome Anthony. It was nice meeting you on Facebook this morning. I hope you can join some TASL meetings. I think you mentioned not being available on Feb 11th. If you are able to make some changes to join us, check out the agenda in the events section. a lot of things you like will be there, including P10 panels.

We have a LOR migration day on March 4th and you may not need that one. But if you are planning to run a Falcon Pi Player with one or more Rasberry Pi computers, we have a Pi day planned for May 6th. I am double booked that day so I am not sure if I'll make it. We'll cross paths for the August 12th TASL (hopefully) ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Michael! Welcome! I checked out your facebook page and I love what you've done. I've been pretty quiet on here myself since the birth of all my kids these last few years. I'll catch up on FB to see if there's any time we can share ideas!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by abolton View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Anthony and going into my second year of lighting. By day I'm an IT analyst currently working for two different retail companies in their engineering and project management groups. The other waking hours are spent on this great hobby, as the wife allows of course. I actually started off in the hobby as a way to fulfill my wife's holiday spirit, and now I think I've become more spirited than her. I initially looked into a simple setup with LOR to just include some lights that could easily be changed for different holidays. Thats when I got sucked in, a simple house outline turned in to around 7000 channels last year using Xlights and Falcon controllers. This year I will be adding a few more props and diving into P10 panels but I really want to focus on the sequencing side to expand my knowledge there. You can check out my display @BoltonHoliday on Facebook.

Looking forward to getting to know those in the area that share in the enjoyment from our displays.
    Hi Anthony. It looks like we never heard back from you. You missed both 2017 TASL meetings. We also have a TASL tour during the week after Christmas. I hope you chime in one of these days.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole