Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default New from Rolesville

It has been a year since we moved into our new home. After almost no decorations last year, limited this year I thought it time to start researching a display for 2017. No better time to start than about the 11 month to prepare window.

I am looking for something clean, follows the roof line, and something I do not have to take down. My hope is to find some solution of pixel lights that can be installed on the roof line. It is too high up for any ladder I will ever go up. The rest of it I can probably hang myself (10-12').

Hope to learn about lights, controller that goes with it, and setting up a display that can grow over time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: New from Rolesville

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedNole View Post
    It has been a year since we moved into our new home. After almost no decorations last year, limited this year I thought it time to start researching a display for 2017. No better time to start than about the 11 month to prepare window.

I am looking for something clean, follows the roof line, and something I do not have to take down. My hope is to find some solution of pixel lights that can be installed on the roof line. It is too high up for any ladder I will ever go up. The rest of it I can probably hang myself (10-12').

Hope to learn about lights, controller that goes with it, and setting up a display that can grow over time.
    Welcome < fill in your name > ... since most displays have been starting up this week, I am sure most members have not had time to check this site. But within a week we should be back to buzzing a little. We generally don't talk much during December because we're all busy with displays. We have a local club that meets a few times a year near Cary and we can discuss that with you. We share lots of different technologies and products options for members. As a newbie, you are quite welcome to be a sponge .. In the future you'll find yourself throwing your own ideas to the group.

I just gave a demo early this year for a roof harness safety system. Or you can pay the big bucks to rent a giant lift. There are techniques that can make the roofline lights quicker and easier to install (but not any lower) .. Keep and eye out for our first TASL (Triangle Are Synchronized Lighting) meeting in February. It's a good place to learn. You don't have to join right away. We ask everyone to come out to a meeting first, to see how you like it. There will be a lot of different things shown and discussed at the meeting(s).

Let us know who you are !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Thanks BigRedNole thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

welcome!!!

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

BigRedNole -

Glad to see you made it over here! Keep an eye on here about TASL meetings; I believe one is coming up in February.

-Jack

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm interested in meeting up in February too. I have my first musical light show this year and have learned quite a bit in the process (i.e. Looks very different on the house in 3D than on the computer :-/) but would love to learn more from ppl near me. I live an hour south of Raleigh and work in Cary. Thanks for any input on future meets or events!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Momdoesthelights View Post
    I'm interested in meeting up in February too. I have my first musical light show this year and have learned quite a bit in the process (i.e. Looks very different on the house in 3D than on the computer :-/) but would love to learn more from ppl near me. I live an hour south of Raleigh and work in Cary. Thanks for any input on future meets or events!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Welcome 'mom' from Bunn Level. I am going to check on the available dates from our rental hall soon.

===>> For anyone wishing to get on the TASL mailing list, just PM me with your full name, home address, email address and phone number. This list is shared with other local members (including yourself), but is never shared public. after you have attended a TASL meeting you can decide if you want to remain a member. We use dues money to pay for the rental hall. We used to schedule 3 meetings per year, but this year we tried 2 and had much better attendance. I hope we stick to 2 for 2017 (typically February and August). We also hold special interest meetings, workshops and informal training meetings. This year we had a Falcon Pi day, lead by Sean over a teleconference. It was a lot of fun ! We didn't run any software Training or workshops in 2016, but they are always available if there's interest.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control