Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default New Member - N. Raleigh - Close to Wakefield

Hello All,

Newbie here - found the hobby as one of my old neighbors had a display that I absolutely loved and finally got off the couch and started doing research this fall... Found YouTube and some FB Forums to be a huge help!. Bought lots of pixels and decided to move... now I am in the re-planning stages with the new house. I am very eager to learn. Planning on using Xlights. Would like to join the Group in August if my schedule will allow.

I am trying to figure out the planning of what I want to do, controller placement and universes. Still can't seem to wrap my head around it!

If anyone is local that can lend a hand for my vision it would be greatly appreciated!
    Likes FrankP liked this post

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: New Member - N. Raleigh - Close to Wakefield

first off Welcome to Christmas Carolina kick off your shoes and stay a while .our video tutorial section is full of items that may be of use to you.If you don t see what you need just ask folks here are glad to help.my knowledge in pixels is limited but but i help where i can.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Nice to see you here Matt. I got your Facebook friend request. Sam Johnson has a huge pixel installation up in north Raleigh. But he is doing all with Vixen. Most of us have been with Light O Rama for years, and now we're moving to xLights as the sequencer and Falcon Pi Player (FPP) to run the show. I am one of those who is moving from LOR.

We can probably arrange a coffee shop meeting to help you get started. And I hope you can make it to the TASL meeting on August 13th.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome Matt!

We have a coffee shop meeting down in Cary from time to time.

There are a number of us on Facebook that can add you to that group for announcements of when
    the meetings occur.

Frank Pleshe

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Guys that would be great to meet!

I am currently setting up my new controllers but could use some help with setup, computing power and how a layout could be efficient. I am also on FB. I seem to be on that more following the various Xlights, FPP & Other groups so if you have a closed forum/group for local guys would love to join it. I have tried to get on the various forums like DIY Christmas, Xlights, Planet Christmas & Falcon, however historically I haven't been on the forums as it requires to go to multiple web-sites v/s FB providing everything under one umbrella.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to meeting everyone!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rausch View Post
    Guys that would be great to meet!

I am currently setting up my new controllers but could use some help with setup, computing power and how a layout could be efficient. I am also on FB. I seem to be on that more following the various Xlights, FPP & Other groups so if you have a closed forum/group for local guys would love to join it. I have tried to get on the various forums like DIY Christmas, Xlights, Planet Christmas & Falcon, however historically I haven't been on the forums as it requires to go to multiple web-sites v/s FB providing everything under one umbrella.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to meeting everyone!
    Yes, the detailed forums have a ton more information and they can be more easily searched. They also have the Wiki areas that FB does now have. We usually just chat about meetings and see what others are doing on FB, and use this forum and others to share design ideas, organize group buys, etc.

Are you going to use xLights as your edit and your player ? Or will you be using the Falcon Pi Player(s) ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

welcome to the family. although im not close to raleigh, Im never far from my pc. If you find yourself pressed for time and need something researched drop me a message and I can help that way if needed. Im a newbie here too, but have learned new and exciting things about my lighting display here. With the awesome support you will find here you will be stopping traffic at your house in no time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mcabee View Post
    welcome to the family. although im not close to raleigh, Im never far from my pc. If you find yourself pressed for time and need something researched drop me a message and I can help that way if needed. Im a newbie here too, but have learned new and exciting things about my lighting display here. With the awesome support you will find here you will be stopping traffic at your house in no time.
    Thanks Dan !!
    Thanks,

Denny Cole