Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Newbie in Clayton from the great state of Indiana

Hello everyone, my name is Steve Conner and I am pretty stoked to see (and meet) people with the same like interests as me. Looking forward to sharing ideas and helping each other. My cell number is 239-287-3123 and my email is steve_conner1234@yahoo.com

Carl B Zachary

Default Re: Newbie in Clayton from the great state of Indiana

Welcome to Christmas Carolina Conner.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

welcome steve
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi Steve .. and welcome to the insanity of sequenced lighting. I look forward to meeting you and discussing your Christmas show, or what you would like to accomplish in your Christmas show next year. There are many members here on CC from around the Carolinas and beyond. FastEddy posts here from Australia and we learn a lot from their site as well ..

We also have a great emerging new local club here called TASL. It looks like you already replied to join TASL, so we'll likely meet soon. All of the major evening and Saturday meetings are finished for this year, which is why the new signup for TASL for next year (for those who want to meet with us and interact) .. For the most part we're collecting the dues to pay for meeting rental halls. But there may be excess funds, so we'll decide as a group what we want to do with them. Ideas include having spare hardware to support people whose hardware goes down in the middle of the December shows ..

let us know what experience you have and what preferences for hardware and software you have ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome Steve!
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Steve -

Welcome! From Indiana with a South Florida phone number, huh?

Look around on here; Denny (KidCole) is having a get-together software training session next week near NC State (Starbucks off Lake Boone Trail) and we're planning a TASL Tour just after Christmas to go look at a bunch of our displays, compare notes, etc.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I just realized that you are the same Steve that came to our last TASL meeting .. We have already exchanged emails also .. Welcome back ! I recall from our discussion that you don't yet have any particular vendor selected. We should get together to discuss some of your options ... If you want to come early to the software meeting next week, we could discuss then over coffee... Just let me know. Then we'll get into the software functions at 8pm. You could download the LOR demo for the training if you want.

In general there is a wide range of software costs, including free. The more you spend the better you get, at least in theory .. Most here use Light-o-Rama (approx $130 I think). But some use Vixen (free). I have opted to stay on LOR for the sake of working with new members. It does enough for me. But Light Show Pro (aka LSP) is really sophisticated if you have lots of RGBs on your house.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by CONNER View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Steve Conner and I am pretty stoked to see (and meet) people with the same like interests as me. Looking forward to sharing ideas and helping each other. My cell number is 239-287-3123 and my email is steve_conner1234@yahoo.com
    Perhaps we need to meet!
    I have a 12 year old that is completely addicted. We built a 15' megatree this year (came out fabulous) and now he has presented us with a Christmas list and after Madden 13 I was expecting a kindle or Mini-IPAD, he listed a 32 channel light o-rama, tomato plant cages and the mini lights for which to put on them to make trees!!! Not. Kidding.

We spent Saturday after putting up the lights in the yard where he showed us youtube videos of people's displays. One after the next after the next after the next. Goodness knows I am to blame, but these LOR's are like $250 for 16 channels and who knows what else to go along with that to make it all happen.... HELP !!!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    Perhaps we need to meet!
    I have a 12 year old that is completely addicted. We built a 15' megatree this year (came out fabulous) and now he has presented us with a Christmas list and after Madden 13 I was expecting a kindle or Mini-IPAD, he listed a 32 channel light o-rama, tomato plant cages and the mini lights for which to put on them to make trees!!! Not. Kidding.

We spent Saturday after putting the lights where he showed us youtube videos of people's displays. One after the next after the next after the next. Goodness knows I am to blame, but these LOR's are like $250 for 16 channels and who knows what else to go along with that to make it all happen.... HELP !!!!
    hi Ggusta and welcome to CC. We can provide lots of help here. And if you like the club scenario we also have a local club called TASL (Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting). TASL meets formally 4 times a year and we hold additional informal meetings to help with design, construction, planning, software, hardware group buys, etc. The cost is $30 a year which pays for our facilities for the meetings. Search on TASL to find more details if you are interested...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole